Trimming RS1 Bindings

adam

I am considering trimming to top of the front boot because it killing my leg. The side of the boot and the rear of the boot is digging into my front leg. After two sets, it is almost too painful to ski and it is sore for a couple of days. Anyone else cut on their boots or is there a better suggestion? I have had these boots for a couple of years, but went back to the fogmans immediately. Now I'd like to make them work.

Thanks,

Adam

• Baller

I had an unusual issue where my Strada liner kept shrinking every time it got wet. It got to the point where the liner sunk below the boot cuff...causing discomfort where the cuff hit my leg. The liner was replaced and no problem w/ new one.

As Jim intimated...the insert/liner should extend above the shell. If not, you could try heating it, and tugging/stretching it up a bit (as demonstrated in the video on the jagersport.com website)

My liner comes up to about 3/8" above the boots. I trimmed about 1/4" off the top of the rear of the front boot. I stayed an inch away from the stitching on each side. Most of the pain was during the deep water start but there was a little while skiing. After trimming the front boot, it wasn't nearly as bad. I only skied one set on it though. I'll see how it feels after a few sets and may consider trimming a little more. I'm starting to like the bindings. They are so much lighter than the fogmans.

Thanks for the replies. Adam

• Baller

I ran intuition style liners in my RS1s. My liners went way higher than the top of the boot and were quite comfortable. Kirk's Strada boots and stock liners are less comfortable with a bit of a stress concentration at the top of the boot/liner.

Eddie, how about an optional higher liner offering?

Eric

My rs1 boots did the same thing. The liners come up about 3/8" as well. My front leg got really sore when i first started useing them, but after about 6 sessions the next time i went for a ski i did`nt get any pain. Either my leg got used to the pain or my body position changed to suit the boot.