Sac Town, Centurion boat...

jayski

• Baller
Didn't a Centurion pull this event? Any insight as to how the skiers liked it? drivers? Obviously lots of good scores posted, seems almost better than most of the other tournaments, could be site conditions too...

• Baller
We had the Carbon Pro at my two records the first of June. Good scores posted behind it (39's and 41's). Once we weighted the front (100 lbs.) and trimmed the rudder, the boat drove well. A bit "light" feeling but the skiers raved about the wakes. Especially the 32/34 15-off/22-off skiers. Comparable to Nautique's wake.

• Baller
Lifelong Centurion fan, so good to hear. Was skeptical on quality from earlier pics. JD, did it seem well put together? High quality materials? My guess is they cut open the bow at some point. It might give just the extra weight it needs up front. Add a trimable rudder and have the home run w/easier resale.

• Baller
6balls - I thought it was put together well. The interior was fantastic. Water proof material on the seats/motor box. Rubber flooring. You simply cover the gauges and hose it out. Very easy to maintain. The hull seemed very solid.

• Baller
Crawled around this boat at the Houston Big Dawg. Nice looking work boat. I don't need a stereo, ski storage or an ice chest. I liked the clean lines and the ballast tank. The rubber flooring was too hot on the feet. Good price point. I'm tall and sight lines from driver's seat were not as good as the 196. I'll drive/ski it before I buy my next boat.

I have now skied behind and driven 2 Carbon Pros. This weekend I skied behind the CC (stock Prop), Malibu, MC and the CP. CP was far and away the best pull of the 4. There is no wake behind this boat and it tracks as good as the 200. This boat is the real deal. I have been drinking the CC kool aid since day 1 and I think there is finely a boat that I can say I like. The 196 is still the greatest boat ever. I got back home yesterday and drove our boat and it felt great to get out of the wakeboard boat feel and into a sports car again. The 200 we skied behind this weekend had a very solid bump at -28. I have not felt this with other 200s. Could the stock prop be the reason?

• Baller
MS - we've got a CP at our lake now. I agree the wake is as good, if not better than the 200, especially at slower speeds and longer line lengths (which seems almost impossible). But I still think the 200 tracks way better. How much ballast have you run (if any) when driving? We have a 100 lbs. in the front plus about 1/2 the ballast tank.

• Baller

@lakeoneskier - It was parked with the other boats and empty trailers.

It was unfair what I said about the sight lines since the boat was on a trailer.

The bow will rise enough when pulling a skier to give the driver a good field of vision through the windshield. I believe you can buy the promo anytime during the season. Most other promos seem to be available after Nationals.

• Supporting Member

Finally got a chance to ski behind one of these, and I definitely liked it. Basically I didn't notice the boat at all, which is perfect. Looks like there's one serious 2011 ski boat that can make it through the infamous Cochituate Mousehole tunnel!

/vanilla2/uploads/FileUpload/6/906.jpg

(That's me and my current boat in there. If anybody is wondering "WTF," here's our local history buffs take on it: http://www.millermicro.com/LCTunnel.html )

If the Carbon Pro truly has better wakes at slow speeds, I might have to seriously consider getting one to accommodate my young daughters. But MAN are these thing getting expensive. Seems like just yesterday I paid a "mere" $40k for a brand new Nautique. Turns out yesterday == 2005, though...