'08 196 w/54 hours

6balls

• Baller
Looks like consignment deal, so no sales tax even though at dealership. Another guy on forum snagged a low hour '08 from them not too long ago, apparently at a fantastic price. Probably worth a consult w/him re: negotiations and eventual price...can't remember who? MS prob does.

• Baller
I bought the last '08 Son had. If anyone has any questions about dealing with Son, email me at swc5150@gmail.com or talk to MS. It's amazing that this boat only has 54 hours on it. It looks like someone bought for a nice garage decoration!

I am sure that it is right in line with the market on the 08s. You would save on the taxes. The 07/08/09 price has stayed in the 30s due to the prices of the 200 and the other boats. Our 08 196 club boat has 300 hours on it and if I sold today I would expect to get at or above the price we paid last sp

• Baller

I'd bet that boat is sold before the weekend. If I didn't buy one already, I'd be on my way to pick this one up today.

I've purchased 2 boats from Son, and he's done me well on both. The steering cable and fuel pump went out right after I purchased the '08, and Mark had the boat back on the water in 2 days. He went way above and beyond my expectations on that one!

• Baller
That is a lot of scratch! I've been kicking around selling my '08, and would guess $29ish is fair price. I love my boat, but the lake I live on is getting green, so I don't have the stomach to use the boat on it right now. I'm thinking of downgrading to an older boat, that I won't be concerned about.

• Baller
In 2010 I sold my 08 196 SE for 33,000 with 140 hrs on it. With only 54 or less then 100 HRS on it and depending on the package SE vs Limited I would not pay more then 33,000 for a LTD and 30 for the SE. 37K is too much for an 08.