HO skis

Skihack

• Baller
I noticed several skiers had issues with the fin gap. Probably not a problem. But, the ski I have, an A2, the inserts are really crooked and do not line up. I am told by the factory that they do not deal directly with the consumer, that any issue would have to be taken up with the dealer from whom the ski was purchased. I was always told that the HO factory had outstanding customer service. Apparently, something has changed.

• Baller
I would have to pay additional money for a new one since it was a demo. The dealer has to make money. They are not going to take a hit, and I can understand that. But, I feel the factory could make it right. I don't expect anything else more from the dealer and I do not have a problem with them, but I will never buy another HO ski period. I refuse to believe the HO factory cannot swap the ski out without losing money. On the other hand, many skiers have noted that the skier has changed skis and have asked why. Now that's where HO is losing money and potential sales.

I would have a HUGE problem with the dealer if they sold me a "demo" ski that had crooked inserts on it, it sounds like they sold it already once and it came back defective and got pawned off on you?

On the other hand, it reallly isnt that hard to put your own inserts in, or make new holes in your plate if they wont resolve it.

• Baller
I should not have bought the ski period. I should have went with the RBYB program with H2osmosis. That's the way to go. First mistake I made was buying the ski based on what the daughter ran at a ski school. When she skied on her regular practice site she had a time with the ski. And continued to struggle with it. I sent an email to the ski school letting them know that the ski wasn't working well for her and that there was trouble with the inserts. At that point, I started adjusting the fin and the binding placement. My daughter is just a junior skier and the ski is incredibly stiff so it just isn't going to work for her. I took her back to the ski school just two weeks ago as they said a fin adjustment would fix it. The fin adjustment didn't work. She basically has lost about 4 to 5 weeks of this summer dealing with this ski, so we will probably skip this year's regionals and nat's. So, it's a tough lesson I've learned this summer. Ride b4 you buy on your own practice site and boat!

• Baller

Sometimes that is why skis are demos and sold at discounted prices. I have an A1 that was sold as a demo and one of the inserts is covered over. That is why it was sold at a discounted price. I think your recourse is with the dealer.

Regarding your daughter if she is struggling I would get her back on her old ski if you can and see if you can get her right.

That sucks, I would return it to he dealer and get my money back and then buy a Radar. I sent an email to one of the Radar guys last week asking him if there are any changes coming to the Strada because my current ski has some inserts coming loose and my sequence plate is busted in one spot. I simply was trying to get an idea of what to expect for a new ski from Radar. They immediatley offered to send me a new sequence plate and a some inserts free of charge.

I buy from PEOPLE that treat me well. Radar has my business for along time.

Sully i agree with you 100%! I have spoken with Chris & Trent and they have been so helpful and take a genuine interest in my questions. Yet i know of some one trying to find about a ski from another company, and the pro they spoke to just said speak to the dealers and were not to interested.

Did they say what Radar has in store for the 2012 line up?