Centurion Carbon Pro Ballast

ScarletArrow

• Baller

We have a Carbon Pro at our lake and I'm interested in hearing how some of you handle the ballast tank.

My theory is 1 person in the boat (full), 2 people in the boat (half), 3 people in the boat (quarter).

What's your setup?

Are you running weight in the front of the boat in addition to the ballast?

We have 100+lb of lead in the bow.

Is a skier allowed to request a certain ballast setup, or is that dictated by the driver only?

• Baller

Our boat rides really level not nearly at touchy to list as the 196 was. We run full with driver only(takes full balast to level) and empty all other times boat is pretty level all other times ? Not getting any water in my face at 35 head wind??? :)

• Baller

The 1st time I skied behind the Centerion I loved it! I don't believe there was weight in the bow and I can't say for sure what the ballast was. It felt like the SN 200!

The 2nd time I skied behind the Centerion I hated it! There was 100lbs in the bow and about 3/4 ballast. It was a BAD ride at 15 off. I thought I was going to brake my ankles!

I realize they weight boats to help the drivers, but IMO it can sometimes not be good for the skier especially at 15 off.

I know I have to learn to ski better to handle these differences and I'm working on it. However, it was a big unexpected surprise on my 1st pass.

• Supporting Member
On the contrary, Mrs MS, the only way we can grow this sport is by giving 15 offers great rides that make them want to come back! This is critically important. I'd argue it trumps spray issues at -38 and boat tracking, even though both of those directly affect me. But am I going anywhere? Doesn't seem likely. But losing 15 offers is very possible and very BAD!

• Baller
Bob Olson's '87 MC 190 in the headwind sucked at 32 off. 35 was like being in a tennis ball hail storm. Round ball, close eyes and turn head, cross wake, close eyes and turn head, see ball, round ball, repeat.

• Baller
Agree with Than. Trick is to make boats better for people at 15 and 22 off -- inside of those ropes I don't have many complaints about any of the tournament boats, and improving the 39 off wake probably isn't what is going to get me through that pass!