Centurion Carbon Pro

Nick Sullivan

• Baller_

Joe unless the CP is the only boat available for tricks I kinda dont think Sledg will trick behind it in a tournament....I have been Wrong before!

I had some Brief Experience with the CP at Lymanland. Not a fan of the longer line wake 22 off, I thought it was hard and excessively big. The sighting tool on the deck was useless. Tracking was poor with this boat as it reminded me of a big 70's sedan with bad tie rod ends, the skiers that skied with it did not fare so well as they did with MC and CC. Boat looked cool, I liked the fact that it was PCM powered and I liked the dash layout. One thing that did scare the crap out me is why the Back board???? Is their something they are not telling us?

I did drive a full round of open women, MM, open men at Cory's Last weekend with the new TXI and found other than the low driver seat that boat is a player, point and shoot! The boat tracked very nicely with out the Common Malibu Roll on a scale of 1-10 next to (my preferred) CC-200 it was a

9-7/8. Hopefully Malibu will keep the roll bars off of it, build a few closed bow's and raise the drivers seat.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller_

Joe unless the CP is the only boat available for tricks I kinda dont think Sledg will trick behind it in a tournament....I have been Wrong before!

I had some Brief Experience with the CP at Lymanland. Not a fan of the longer line wake 22 off, I thought it was hard and excessively big. The sighting tool on the deck was useless. Tracking was poor with this boat as it reminded me of a big 70's sedan with bad tie rod ends, the skiers that skied with it did not fare so well as they did with MC and CC. Boat looked cool, I liked the fact that it was PCM powered and I liked the dash layout. One thing that did scare the crap out me is why the Back board???? Is their something they are not telling us?

I did drive a full round of open women, MM, open men at Cory's Last weekend with the new TXI and found other than the low driver seat that boat is a player, point and shoot! The boat tracked very nicely with out the Common Malibu Roll on a scale of 1-10 next to (my preferred) CC-200 it was a

9-7/8. Hopefully Malibu will keep the roll bars off of it, build a few closed bow's and raise the drivers seat.

• Baller

Jody - agree it takes some set up to make the boat drive well (as with any other boat). It's certainly not on rails like the SN200 but I like the pull better. It seems to have a little "give" where the SN200's high RPM's doesn't allow it to be soft. But, with proper weight in the front and a little selective grinding on the rudder, it is very responsive to driver input which in the end, is the most important element.

We used this boat last weekend at a ULM Collegiate event. This gave us a broad spectrum of skiers (24mph - 39-off). Not a single complaint from skiers/drivers. In fact, several PB's which is rare on the Bayou. And, I talked to a couple of skiers from Lyman's tournament who PB'd behind it so not every skier fared better behind another brand.

BTW, my tournament (as stated in my post) is slalom only. Tricks will be simply for analysis purposes only after the event is over if time allows.

P.S. - I find it interesting that the Correct Craft (of which I'm one) and the MasterCraft guys are ripping this boat at every turn. Centurion must be doing something right!

• Baller

Jody - agree it takes some set up to make the boat drive well (as with any other boat). It's certainly not on rails like the SN200 but I like the pull better. It seems to have a little "give" where the SN200's high RPM's doesn't allow it to be soft. But, with proper weight in the front and a little selective grinding on the rudder, it is very responsive to driver input which in the end, is the most important element.

We used this boat last weekend at a ULM Collegiate event. This gave us a broad spectrum of skiers (24mph - 39-off). Not a single complaint from skiers/drivers. In fact, several PB's which is rare on the Bayou. And, I talked to a couple of skiers from Lyman's tournament who PB'd behind it so not every skier fared better behind another brand.

BTW, my tournament (as stated in my post) is slalom only. Tricks will be simply for analysis purposes only after the event is over if time allows.

P.S. - I find it interesting that the Correct Craft (of which I'm one) and the MasterCraft guys are ripping this boat at every turn. Centurion must be doing something right!

• Baller

My wife skied behind it a Liquid Zone a couple of weeks ago and said she like the wakes. Said if felt like our 01 Nautique as far as wakes. And she is a huge fan of Nautique for both Slalom and Trick. Doesn't like the MC as well for either. Out of all the MC's skied this year she prefers the 10's or Mateo Vargas '11.

Kevin

• Baller

My wife skied behind it a Liquid Zone a couple of weeks ago and said she like the wakes. Said if felt like our 01 Nautique as far as wakes. And she is a huge fan of Nautique for both Slalom and Trick. Doesn't like the MC as well for either. Out of all the MC's skied this year she prefers the 10's or Mateo Vargas '11.

Kevin

• Baller

I just drove and (free) skied behind the CP on my lunchbreak. This was my first experience with it. Aside the worst OTF of my life (owner/observer thought the backboard might get put to use), I was much more impressed than I expected. Boat has more than ample power, and the interior has deeper freeboard than I expected. I found the wake small and soft. Running with a full tank of gas, there was a 22off bump to be seen. A little weight up front might smooth this out.

Good luck w/ your new "tractor", Joe. To me, it seems to be solid, practical package.

• Baller

I just drove and (free) skied behind the CP on my lunchbreak. This was my first experience with it. Aside the worst OTF of my life (owner/observer thought the backboard might get put to use), I was much more impressed than I expected. Boat has more than ample power, and the interior has deeper freeboard than I expected. I found the wake small and soft. Running with a full tank of gas, there was a 22off bump to be seen. A little weight up front might smooth this out.

Good luck w/ your new "tractor", Joe. To me, it seems to be solid, practical package.

• Baller

As an objective observation, we pulled 37 skiers each day this weekend at my two record tournaments using a SN200 and a Carbon Pro. Out of 4 rounds over two days, the boats pulled all age and skill levels. Top score of the weekend was 2 @ 41. Two skiers into 41. Eight skiers into 39. Four women skiers mid way thru 38. From 4 rounds over two days, 18 skiers had their best score behind the Carbon Pro - top score was 1 @ 41 at 36mph. 13 skiers had their best round behind the SN - top score was 2 @ 41 at 34mph. 6 skiers scored equally behind each boat. Two regional records were pulled. One by each boat. We had 7 different drivers on site. Each driver drove both boats. The consensus was that the SN200 tracked better but the CP was very managable. The CP performed well, drove well and received very favorable comments from all skiers including the deep shortline 36 and 34mph skiers. The kids and slower speed skiers loved both boats but again, felt the CP was easier to ski behind due to the perceived softer pull.

Finally, I tracked fuel consumption very carefully. The CP used 27% less fuel pulling the exact same skiers over two days. If the CP was used exclusively, I would have saved $148.50 in fuel costs over the two tournaments.

• Baller
I skied 4 tournament rounds behind a carbon pro this weekend and on one round I got my second best score ever. I really like skiing behind this boat. I think the biggest advantage of the CP is that there is not trough and a narrow wake at 38 and 39. This seems to allow me to change edges earlier and have a much smoother edge change.

• Baller

Our new 2012 is here and ready to go....so we would LOVE to find a new home for the 2011 Carbon Pro ASAP...she will make someone a great boat! Don't hesitate to contact us if you or anyone you know is interested, comes with a new boat warrantee too!

Drop me an email or give us a call 209-744-0992 Thx :)

• Baller
Pulled the boat for the winter last weekend and it took less than 20 minutes to completely clean the interior. The rubber/composite flooring is fantastic - spray it down w/ some soap and hosed it off. Put some 303 protectant on it and it looks like new. The material used on the seats/engine is very easy to clean. The gel coat cleaned up really well also. Having been a Nautique guy for 20+ years, I've been very pleased with this boat.

• Baller

My daughter has - we had to adjust the rope shorter than a 200. The table was better (less turbulence) and the wakes were nice and defined - 17.5mph. And a couple of her collegiate teammates (4000-8000 point trickers) were very complementary.

OB - So, THAT'S where they are!!

• Baller

I trick at 19.2-19.6 MPH. It sounds like it would work for me at a normal 50 foot rope length.

I am still trying to break the 200 point mark. I wish we had Perfect Pass when I was younger. I have made more progress in the last 5 than I have the previous decade since I have been skiing with it.

• Baller

I scored a 1470 at PA state Championships this past summer. I came in 3rd, but missed second place by 20 points. I fell on my last trick on my last pass. A toe hold sideslide 130 points. Next year I plan to practice on site before the tournament. The water temp was 91 degrees at Dave's Pond. On my lake it was 78. I did not take that into account, and I fell. My strategy was to trick slow and clean. I would rather run out of time and ski away, rather than fall if I rushed.

I had to increase my boat speed at the tournament to 19.7 MPH. I normally run 19.2 MPH.

Whats wrong with this picture? This a picture of the CP that was on display at the LA boat show last week. I think they need to added a few more screws to the seat hinge.http://static.cl1.vanilladev.com/ballofspray.vanillaforums.com/uploads/FileUpload/04/4b0d3229d755e58c04be54f6257e25.jpg

Whats wrong with this picture? This a picture of the CP that was on display at the LA boat show last week. I think they need to added a few more screws to the seat hinge.http://static.cl1.vanilladev.com/ballofspray.vanillaforums.com/uploads/FileUpload/04/4b0d3229d755e58c04be54f6257e25.jpg