New Strada 2012. Any different?

londonskier

I'm cuurently enjoying my 2010 Strada, (Silver). Is the yellow / grey ski any different or just graphics. I know the ad says different carbon layup, but anyone experienced it? By the way, tried the Nano mid last week and hated it. It bit really hard on both side turns and was not that quick cross course. So should I try the nasty coloured yellow Strada? As my Italian ski friend says "1st rule, you must look good".

• Administrators

I rode the 2011 and 2012 Strada back to back last weekend. (back and forth for a number of sets) The new ski is faster and "Crisper". With the exact same fin settings, it gets wider and takes more angle. Not a radical change but not the same.

I need to sell the 67 2012 ski I rode last weekend. Only has two days of skiing on it. Anyone want it? Send me an email. Get it before I keep skiing in it. (Please stop me)

• Administrators

I rode the 2011 and 2012 Strada back to back last weekend. (back and forth for a number of sets) The new ski is faster and "Crisper". With the exact same fin settings, it gets wider and takes more angle. Not a radical change but not the same.

I need to sell the 67 2012 ski I rode last weekend. Only has two days of skiing on it. Anyone want it? Send me an email. Get it before I keep skiing in it. (Please stop me)

• Baller
I agree with horton. I have a 2012 and it is a bit faster and does feel "crisper". Tie side angle is imporved for me because the tip stays down easier. Im able to run stock settings to keep the tip down instead of adding alot of tip with the fin on my 2010, getting me wider, easier.

• Baller
I agree with horton. I have a 2012 and it is a bit faster and does feel "crisper". Tie side angle is imporved for me because the tip stays down easier. Im able to run stock settings to keep the tip down instead of adding alot of tip with the fin on my 2010, getting me wider, easier.

• Baller_
Actually on both my 66 and 67, the DFT was the most critical to have dialed in. The fin depth could range from 2.495-2505 without much change. The length at or around 6.840 is good but DFT needs to be in the right spot. For those of you dealing with the Strada, make sure to play around with the DFT.

• Baller_
Actually on both my 66 and 67, the DFT was the most critical to have dialed in. The fin depth could range from 2.495-2505 without much change. The length at or around 6.840 is good but DFT needs to be in the right spot. For those of you dealing with the Strada, make sure to play around with the DFT.

• Administrators

When I tried the ski with stock numbs I was not very happy. I moved to my 68" numbs and then took out depth. There was a point were I was super unhappy, then I took out .005 more and it was MONEY!

If I was to keep the ski I would explore moving the DFT back only because my numbers sound crazy.

Will someone please buy this thing from me so I can stop for the winter? Email me -the price is right

• Administrators

When I tried the ski with stock numbs I was not very happy. I moved to my 68" numbs and then took out depth. There was a point were I was super unhappy, then I took out .005 more and it was MONEY!

If I was to keep the ski I would explore moving the DFT back only because my numbers sound crazy.

Will someone please buy this thing from me so I can stop for the winter? Email me -the price is right

• Administrators
NOTE - I fat Fingered DFT up above - Fixed it a minute ago. Sorry. My DFT for the 67 is .813 (maybe MS is right that I can not be trusted)

• Administrators
NOTE - I fat Fingered DFT up above - Fixed it a minute ago. Sorry. My DFT for the 67 is .813 (maybe MS is right that I can not be trusted)

• Administrators

@rq0013 everytime I post this I say it needs to be re-written. Come on @chrisrossi

http://www.ballofspray.com/tech-articles/53-2004-lever-article

• Administrators

@rq0013 everytime I post this I say it needs to be re-written. Come on @chrisrossi

http://www.ballofspray.com/tech-articles/53-2004-lever-article

• Administrators

I know someone wants that ski. Only has a few rides on it so a few hundred off list.

Selling because I am not going be able to review it this year and have a STACK of other skis.

• Administrators

I know someone wants that ski. Only has a few rides on it so a few hundred off list.

Selling because I am not going be able to review it this year and have a STACK of other skis.

• Administrators

Yea. the new thingie you see is a cover for the laces. More important is that the new boot seem to fit a better. The liners have been redesigned. I like um.

Now will some one please buy my darn 2012 67? I am going to have to break down and put it on SIA.

• Administrators

Yea. the new thingie you see is a cover for the laces. More important is that the new boot seem to fit a better. The liners have been redesigned. I like um.

Now will some one please buy my darn 2012 67? I am going to have to break down and put it on SIA.