Starter Replacement

Not_The_Pug

The marine starters are not too expensive.......but be sure it is not just the solenoid.....it costs $20 and is real easy to replace. It is mounted on the bracket that holds all the circuit breakers and computer module at the back of the motor....not on the starter. I made this mistake this summer....replaced starter and still nothing....ended up being the solenoid. Good luck.

• Baller_

Please don't put an automotive starter on your boat as yea their is a big difference between automotive and Marine. Namely the marine is "ignition protected"! You run your motor under enclosed conditions. most all of the electrical components such as Distributor, alternator, Starter and a few others are "ignition protected" .

If you value the safety of you and those you ski with You will provide them with the safest environment you can for you and their skiing enjoyment. Put the right part on. PCM part # RA122014

About $250.00 shipped!

• Baller
I replaced my starter with an automotive one in the past. It works just fine, BUT.... there is a big difference between them as posted above. My insurance guy, who is also a good friend told me if anything happens insurance wouldnt cover it, so I'd say its not worth it. Just my 2 cents