March WSM stuff

The_MS

• Baller_

1. Check out the Goode Ad on page 3. It is really for Indmar but I did not know until I put my cheeters on.

2. Check out the new Jobe ad on page 17. The boots and Rogue look cool. Looks like another free ski for Horton. I cant believe that BOS did not break the news.

3. Check out the Nate Smith Back on the water segment. Puts a whole nuder rule on how to start your season. Its a bit differant than the thread on BOS about startingthe season. He skis the first set of the year right down the line. He sits on the couch all winter. I just dropped my club membership.

4. Check out the photo of Tyler Yager on page 24. Notice anything strange?

Page 74 Rocks

• Administrators

I do not think that ski is available in the US. I have no idea how WSM got ad $s from Jobe.

For that matter I am confused about Jobe. The brand was sold a few years ago to someone in Australia. The web site is now hosted somewhere in northern Europe. Maybe it changed hands again.

• Baller

jobesprots.com is hosted in the Netherlands

JOBE SPORTS AUSTRALIA PTY. LTD. is located in Lavington, Nsw, Australia - financials show $0.61M not sure when this was reported.

Sport en Recreatie Den Bol B.V. is located in Heerewaarden, The Netherlands which explains the hosting. Sport en Recreatie Den Bol B.V., a Dutch water sport equipment company, owns several brands in Europe and is the exclusive representative for a variety of brands worldwide. http://www.bsh.bg/casestudies/Sport+en+Recreatie+Den+Bol+BV.htm

Their website http://www.denbol.com redirects to Jobesports.com

On June 13th, Sport en Recreatie Den Bol B.V will reopen. The European leader in watersports equipment thought it was time for a new image and that is why Den Bol decided to redo the office and warehouse. This resulted in a completely renewed office and a 5000 m2 warehouse. Besides this, the company has taken on a new company name, Jobe Sports Europe, which will give the international air an extra dimension!

Growth/Expansion

The company was established 20 years ago and has developed into a European organisation with over 40 employees. Sport en Recreatie Den Bol B.V imports and distributes a range of watersports equipment and is the owner of the leading brand in watersports, Jobe. For this brand, Den Bol designs a collection every year. Also, our company management is focussed on this brand. This has everything to do with the introduction of our new company name.

Reopening

The Sport en Recreatie Den Bol B.V main office is located at Heerewaarden, a small village in the "Bommelerwaard." This main office will be reopened on June 13th. This reopening will be a big event as the company is very proud of the new working conditions. The office has been redone in the style Jobe stands for: young, fresh, trendy and dynamic!

http://wakeworld.com/news/latestinwake/sport-en-recreatie-den-bol-becomes-jobe-sports-europe-01-08-10-15-05-56-1632.html

just after a quick search.

• Baller_

Tadd, I quoted Horton.

John

Not sure if their is a difference but the X is about three years old and the Rouge is less than two! They turn real nice and are a very forgiving ski. What I found was that they are not for a heavier skier, They are just to soft for me ( the ones that I have). I will see plenty of them while down under and will be more than happy to take a few Photo's and inquire while there. I know lot of Aussies are skiing really well on them, so their must be something to them that makes the ski work for a lot of skiers.

• Baller

@Horton watch it now that search took about 5min. And thanks for reminding me I am single today. Look on the bright side. I would not have the time or money to spend on this sport if I was not single. I have a few jobs... and hobbies... back off

@trs01 watch out the stupids are bad to catch.

• Administrators

@Dirt don't get me started on dumb stories. I never ran someone over for fun. I never almost shot my own foot.

Although... I did loan you a ski thinking I would get it back. Yea I am stupid.

• Baller

Just a little update from my post earlier. Jobe tweeted this link this morning

from usa.jobesports.com

Now back in its original home market, the Jobe brand has not only come full circle, but is also well on the way to achieving its mission of becoming a well-respected name in the US and therefore now worldwide watersport industries. Jobe continues to profile itself as a fun, young, and dynamic company with one of the industry’s highest level of reliability and accessibility for its customers. By opening a Jobe Concept Store in the US that offers the entire 2012 product line, Jobe can now market directly to the American consumer.

When choosing a location for the Concept Store, there was one obvious option: Orlando, FL. Orlando has often been named the “watersports mecca” amongst individuals involved in the industry. With lakes virtually everywhere, and two coast lines just a short distance away, the opportunities to participate in a watersport are endless. By choosing Orlando, FL Jobe has positioned itself in the near perfect location.

The exact address of the Jobe Concept Store is: 8031 Turkey Lake Rd. Suite 400, Orlando, FL 32819 in the Phillips Crossing shopping area. It is nestled in between the tourism area of International Drive, the Orlando Convention Center, Universal Studios and Sea World, as well as the residential areas of both Doctor Phillips and the nearby Butler Chain of lakes.

The store itself is approximately 4,000 square feet. Jobe will use this space to showcase a customer friendly dynamic by giving the space a showroom feel and allowing the customer to get a hands-on approach to the entire product line. There will be no clutter or unopened boxes, rather just products displayed out of the box and ready for immediate use with all products and sizes on hand. The store will also have a demo desk, as well as an adjustment and repair counter for its local customers.

The store will be open 7 days a week, with store hours being Monday through Friday from 10am to 9pm, Saturday from 9am to 9pm, and Sundays from 12pm - 5pm. The Grand Opening of the store is scheduled for March 11, 2012. To RSVP for

• Baller
Just looked through the latest of both magazines. Can't see where any skier (pro or otherwise) in either magazine is using a handle guard except for Kyle on page 34 who has a bit of duct tape on his (I use a more elaborate system of duct tape myself). At Okeeheelee where I ski, I'd say a good percentage of skiers there do use at least duct tape if not a manufactured handle guard of some type.

• Baller
There was a big thread about this once on BOS. I've always thought the back arm is consistent with the article about Nate. I think the trouble is trying to equate "trailing arm" with "back arm". There is plenty of disagreement on that topic.

• Baller
There was a big thread about this once on BOS. I've always thought the back arm is consistent with the article about Nate. I think the trouble is trying to equate "trailing arm" with "back arm". There is plenty of disagreement on that topic.

• Baller
I spoke about this with John Shealy today (a Big Dawg skier). He has been working on trailing arm pressure during the lean (left arm during run to the 1,3,5). We both agreed that is correct for the lean phase, but that Nate is doing the correct thing (back arm or arm closest to the target buoy) during and just after the edge change. Clear as mud?

• Baller
I spoke about this with John Shealy today (a Big Dawg skier). He has been working on trailing arm pressure during the lean (left arm during run to the 1,3,5). We both agreed that is correct for the lean phase, but that Nate is doing the correct thing (back arm or arm closest to the target buoy) during and just after the edge change. Clear as mud?