wannabe slalomer

SkiMadDad

• Administrators
One more thing.... You are not a "wanna be" - you are a Slalomer .. we all struggle at different levels but it is all the same. Besides that you are a Baller!

• Administrators
One more thing.... You are not a "wanna be" - you are a Slalomer .. we all struggle at different levels but it is all the same. Besides that you are a Baller!

• Supporting Member

Yep. As soon as you can run a full pass at any speed, you're "in the club." Maybe even a little before that, even. There's a fundamental difference between exclusive-open-water skiing and chasing buoys, but from 24 mph all the way to 41 off, everybody's trying to do the same thing, just at different stages of learning/talent.

So welcome! And also welcome to Ball of Spray!

• Baller

Yep got the moomba outback 2 days before xmas .Great.

Im in Australia .Hot for xmas.Normally ski on the Dawson river which runs through the middle of our little town of Theodore [900 people] in Queensland.Alls going well .Going to try barefooting next.

• Baller

IXL, I agree that the P6 is probably the best option at that speed. The only thing that stands out to me above the P6 would be the Theory. The Senate is too narrow for your current speed. The problem is that you don't want to have to buy a ski for every single speed you ski (although those of us who own a pro shop would love it if it worked that way...ha ha). Since you already own a P6, I say stick with it.

As for being a slalom skier, you became one the minute you felt that first bit of cross-course acceleration. You became a junkie the minute you starting obsessing about it as we are all guilty of. We're always glad to have another skier out there. Keep the ski fire stoked!

Seth Stisher

SethStisher.com for training...

H2OProShop.com for all of your gear needs.

• Baller

Wow thanks .The ski fire is well and truely stoked much to my familys disapointment. At the moment i am having trouble generating interest from those around me. I even put the boat back in the shed on Sunday when i couldn't find a driver.

Thanks for the tips .I have a coach i visit a couple of times a month so hopefully improvement will be not so painfull