3 weeks and counting!!!! (Florida)

markchilcutt

• Baller_
Okay, this is the best advice you will get for your trip. It is an hour drive each way, but well worth it. Thai Thai Sushi Bar, 525 S. Park Ave., Winter Park, FL. Go your first night. That way you can decide to go every night and you won't be bummed out you missed a great meal. The soft shell crab appetizer is outstanding.

Lpskier

• Baller_
All this talk and excitement of skiing in FL. I don't get it. Warm water just makes the ski move slower. Who wants that. It just makes for more work. You have to have the Bimini up all the time. Ya might as well stay inside. It's not like your gonna see the sky with that thing. And they have the nerve to call it the "Sunshine State". You hardly ever get to wear the cool wetsuits ( especially teal & neon colored ones from the 90s). And a drysuit..forget about it. Then there's that pesky year round skiing. Heck, your body never gets a chance to rest. The humidity maked calisis and blisters far worse.. Day in and day out of skiing just gets so monotonous. Ya gotta break it up with trips to the beach and that's a pain onto itself. Then all the frign ski coaching available. Sure they are all top notch but ya end up paying tons of money to hear the same thing over and over. I mean really... don't even get me started on the gators, snakes and amoebas. It's like they don't even want us in the water. Why I left MN I'll never know.

• Baller_
@markchilcutt Miserable! Take today for example. To get past the ho-hum of daily skiing we rented a pontoon near my inlays and spent the day on the Homassassa River on the Gulf Coast. Which you would think would be nice but nooooooooo! Had to keep dodging manatee. One after another. Then all the party barges that kept tooling buy with bikini clad women. Disgusting. So ended up snorkeling in crystal blue spring water which was great but the the frign manatee came back. They came right up to us. Like we couldn't see them from a distance. They're huge. And totally got in the way of seeing the little fishys. And to cap it all off they didn't have walleye at the river side resturant. I had to settle for a big piece of Gulf fresh grouper. I like walleye!!!!