Right Slalom ski for Beginner

GregDavis

• Members
Need slalom ski for female beginner. 140 lb. 26 mph She has been skiing on slalom from a combo set. I'm thinking 66 inch, soft as possible, an entry level slalom ski that is one step above a slalom from a combo. Used ski, as she is very good athletic, full of desire, and will progress rapidly, ( Mid summer, will purchase new a intermediate slalom ski. ) I just don't have anything around that would work. We checked on ski-it-again, but seems like, mostly high end used slaloms. Any suggestions? thanks Greg Davis

• Baller

Greg,

i got Chloe on a Radar Lyric which is a little more intermediate than the p6 and it is a great ski for $300. I just got Danita one too went with the 65" for her. The Lyric would be a great ski for most beginners. By the way the lyric bindings are very nicely designed. I am very impressed with the ski and the price point.

• Baller
Hmm still looking for something for my wife... still thinking either the p6 or the lyric... been thinking more of a lyric so she can grow into it... but I don't want her to be too frustrated. that's a great deal on the p6. Too bad no lyrics.

• Baller
Radar P6 is awesome for beginner but as they get up in speed the ski will be too big. But to have this ski on your shelf would be huge for teaching people to ski so it would be a great buy. I have taught a few people how to get up on a single ski with the P6 and it works every time. A higher end ski would be good if there is no issue on getting up and they have good balance on the ski, then go for a more narrow shape.