2013 Ski Nautique 200 changes?

skinautique200

• Baller_

Very Little changes for 2013:

Zero Off will come in the Link display on boats equipped with said display.

At this time Oj propellers are not available as stock or accessory item on the 200's. Aftermarket only

The complete line of motors are available including the 5.7 on up to the SC motor.

Graphic's changes yes! you can see some of the first ones in 2 weeks at the nationals as a number of the 13's will be pulling practice.

Come by the Nautique booth at the Nationals we will be more then happy to show you around and answer any questions concerning the 2013 product line!

The 5.7L going away has been a rumor for years. Never heard that from any credible source. The 5.7L is standard for 2013.

I just went direct to the source about the other nonsense. PCM has not replaced 90 motors. There are no concerns with warranty. @horton, those posts are so ridiculous, please consider removing them.

I don't know how many but have heard that it is a Chevrolet issue with the blocks. Nothing to do with PCM, Nautique or the 200. I only know of one that was replaced. I'm sure there were a few more, but not 90. And the companies are standing behind the product.

Interesting that someone posted something that wasn't even bad about Masterline and everyone jumped on him. Now some nonsense is posted about Nautique and nothing is done. This is how rumors get started.

• Baller_

As a PCM dealer I have only heard of a couple of warranty replacements and these were catastrophic failure due to dumb ass service procedures by either the owner or unqualified service techs of the third kind. However PCM warrantied them because that's just how they roll! The reason why I know this is because I keep track on Warranty repaired motors that are available to dealers at a discounted price, at this time their are none available.

The statement of 90 warranty replacement motors is just absurd!

• Baller_
I am pissed about the 196 but have no idea about PCM and replacement. I think @OB is getting a new one in his. If I were to get one I would get the 6 liter engine but that is another bunch of $$ on top of an already very expensive boat. I would just get a TXI.

• Baller

@dave2ball

@GAJ0004

Hopefully the US will be able to drill for oil once again next January, but I'm curious if CC will simply take the additional margin or lower the price? It doesn't seem that demand has suffered too much at current pricing.

• Baller
I am sure the cost of Zero Off is inflated also since you can't put a competitor system on it. If they lose enough market share to competitors market forces will have them lower the price. It would be nice to see Tige' and Supra make 3 event boats again. Just having more choices in the market place keeps the price down.

• Baller
I can't decide on this one...I liked the original schemes, didn't like the 2012 as much with subtle stripes..certainly not in love w/the 2013 look. Love to ski it...have always thought the interior is kind of boxed off and utilitarian for so much $$ in the main cockpit. But the wakes are muy, muy bueno!

I have a 2012 200 with 5.7 and PCM is taking care of for excess oil consumption. I only started watching it because another friend of mine gave me a heads up. I was shocked to check the stick and it said add shortly after an oil change. I understand the problem has also occurred in the 6.0 so just make sure to keep an eye on the oil. Even if was normal for the kind of pull the 200 gives it would be worth it!

• Baller
That makes sense. Burning that much oil was an indication that something in the engine was inherently wrong. Bad valves, some emission system not working correctly, etc. Must be an expensive fix for them to replace the whole block on that many boats. At least, they are acknowledging it and taking care of it!!

• Baller_
Yea I see that! It does not make sense because Indmar, Ilmore, Merc, Marine power as well as PCM/Crusader purchase their motors from GM that come off the same assembly line and have not heard any of this from any other of the marinizers! Still call BS on the 90 or 120! Maybe total of replacements from all the marinizers which brings the percentages way down across the board.

I thought this rumor was killed in the last thread. Today I spoke with the very top person at Nautique. He confirmed what he knew to be true with head CSR rep. I can assure you that if the number was even a tenth of what ya'll are saying, they would know. If one dealer replaced 5 motors, they would certainly know. All of this is 100% false and I wish things like this were monitored better.

Like Jody said, maybe if you took all the motors PCM makes for various manufacturers, it might be a small percentage of that number. From a Nautique stand point, I'd bet it's less than a handful. I only know of one 200 and don't know the full story behind that one.

• Baller_
Sorry Roger not at this time do I have any fuel flow numbers for a 6 liter. Please keep in mind "again" for my own personal usage I run a OJ propeller and run substantially lower RPMs at ski speeds then a stock configured 409 200. As summer wains I will have some time to run some fuel number with a few different propellers just don't have the time right now.