Favorite swerving gloves?

Rivvy

• Baller

I thought I would host a poll. Post your favorite gloves. I have been sporting the older master line double Velcro precurved gloves. They don't have the nylon strap. Im on my 3rd set. They have been decent gloves but I am looking for other options. I still get blisters if I'm hitting it hard. Any recommendations?

• Baller

Tail 41's. I have been using these since they were call the RPM (Rossie Pro Model). Something was odd about last years fit. Really tight around the palm and the seams ripped out after a while. I bought 2 new pair about a month ago and they fit perfectly.

It's really just what you want a far as feel. I like a thin kevlar glove. ML has good stuff, but just feels too thick for my taste. I have heard good things about the Pro Gear gloves, but unless I am mistaken they are not kevlar and I figured they would wear out pretty quick.

• Baller_

Take a look at the D-3 fusion gloves (I think that's what I bought my wife) they fit good and are real similar to the original 41 tails.

Last years 41 tails I wore a size large... Tried on a large pair this year way to big same with the mediums ended up with small.

• Baller

Some folks here recommended 41 Tails to me, and they've been great. Last a good long time (over a season on my first pair so far), great grip; no bunching. I still kinda long for the old wrist-pull-down strap on the HO Talons, but so far as I know the only glove with that is a 4Wake that I tried and didn't find to my liking (at all).

I find the name a bit silly, though. I'm fairly good at this compared to the masses, but there's no way in hell I am ever running 41 with a tail. Doesn't even matter what the boat speed is.

• Baller
I just got the HO 41 Tails - haven't tried them yet but I can't wait. My other gloves were good, but they are now stretched out too much and are starting to wear in the fingers. I got the XS and won't be able to velcro the top of the hand strap - but they fit great and are very comfortable. Hope they ski as well as all the hype!

• Baller

Accurate World Cup 3/4 finger are the ones that I've gotten attached to. Nothing fancy but they stay together and I can't stand gloves with finger tips since I can't get gloves long enough to fit my fingers in without them being huge in the palm.

@Mrs_MS - my wife loves hers, got them as replacements for a previous year pair that fell apart the first time out. The new ones have worked well for her.

• Baller
@oldjeep x2 on the Accurate World Cup 3/4. I almost wrecked my hands using my older pair of Masterline Kevlar gloves. Could never keep the palms from wrinkling even though they fit tight. Picked up a pair of the Accurates a few weeks back and now my hands are the least of my worries.

• Baller

Switched from Masters Curves to Tails this year, and they have been pretty good. No top closure issues as some have had. Just picked up some Ergos today, so will be trying them soon. They are a little tighter out of the box than the Tails. Masters Amara just is too slippery for me now after years of use. Liked their grey Amara much better than the black. Even after roughing them up. Maybe I am not so light on the line?

Have a couple pair of Masters Curves XXL laying around somewhere if someone is interested.

• Baller
What @oldjeep and @XR6Hurricane said with the World Cup gloves, except I like the full finger version. Stumble across these a few years ago and thought since they were so cheap they would not last. Instead, they hold up very well, and have just enough built in padding, never tear out chunks of skin like I did with Kevlar. Had same issue with ML Curves - not enough curve to prevent bunching in the palm. Might try the Radar Ergo because the fit and feel is great for my hands.

• Baller
Radar Strada with the boa system. at first i thought they were gimmicky. but i love them. bought 2 pairs in march in FLA. and i ski 9-12 sets a week and still using those same 2 pairs and they still seem like they have lots of life left

• Baller
I'm on my third season with the HO Talons. I've stitched them up twice now and they are currently pretty tattered. Last year I ordered the D3's, but they had a funky fit. Sounds like they've fixed that this year. I just ordered the 2009 Connelly Prophecy glove from H2Osmosis for $29. If they work I'm gonna' stock up!

• Baller

I'm a fan of the Progear gloves, but have lately been using the Radar Strom gloves, which are identical, and a little less $ (free shipping instead of paying out of country shipping), and with faster delivery time. They are amara as well. Link is http://www.overtons.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?pdesc=Radar-Storm-Waterski-Glove&i=50227&aID=600B2&merchID=4006

I would agree, however, that the amara gloves don't last as long as kevlar gloves (usually go through 2/season), but the feel (of the handle) is much better for me, and I like the way they grip and hold better.

• Baller

@jipster43 You will have no problem with small, if you hands are really small. I wear a medium, and I'm not very big (5'5) My wife has small hands and she fits a small.

Also, in a Progear, I wear a small. The sizes of the Storm vs. the Progear don't line up. You gotta go smaller with the progears/bigger with the storms.