S2 stops around offside turns.

dave_n

I wonder if anyone has an answer to my newest problem ? Just came off a Strada and bought a new S2, mainly because of the reviews on BOS. First set on the new ski tonight, feels really promising, but, although I seem to be in a decent position going into my offside, the S2 stops underneath me around 2 and 4. ( I am still trying to learn to ski in a stacked position )This is happening at -22, -28 and -32. Ski is 66.5". Fin is stock. Front Reflex boot 29.25" DFT. RTP as forward as possible. LFF. 175 lbs. The front binding is back a tad from stock, I don't know if that's a good thing on a 66.5" though . I would appreciate any suggestions on set-up.

I have an A1 and Mine did that also. I took a bit of tip out until it didn't do it, not sure if that is good advice or not though. I also have my bindings back one hole and my rear back two holes.

So what are you thinking regarding the S2, I am thinking of going from my A1 to a strada myself so any of your thoughts would be interesting.

Thanks

@ToddF I love my Strada. Very predictable, fast, stable. Come to think of it, can't remember why I fancied a change. New toy I suppose. Regarding the S2, I've only had one set on it so haven't had a chance to form an opinion yet, but early impression is that I'm going to love this ski even more. Thanks for your suggestions.

• Baller
My first set on the S2 was brutal. After that, it's been the most amazing ski ever for me. I never touched the settings- by the 2nd set the ski was absolute cash money. The S2 is particularly fussy about being pushed in offside turns. The less you try to drive it, the happier it is. Other than that, most forgiving ski on the planet. Truly a miracle ride. I'm not skiing into -32 at all and I'm on the 67.5 so YMMV. S2 just seemed to take some getting used to. A couple weeks ago I did move the boots back 1 hole (roughly 29.5"). Difference was subtle- skied exactly the same but with even "mo' better".

• Baller_
Can not push your on side. I think unlike a skinny traditional ski that can be cranked around a turn, I'm guessing the extra width of the S2 makes it harder to shove around. Most of my falls occure on my onside. I have to tell myself to not push on my back leg especially when running late. Might as well put the boots at stock. Worth a try.

• Baller
I agree with @wish and @jhughes. Don't push the ski. Think about previous comments concerning how Nate Smith waits until he finishes his turn and the S2 will perform well. I also found the S2 to be sensitive to binding location. I came off a Strada and while the Strada is a great ski the S2 improved my off-side turn.