Radar Strada w/RTP

DkLkSkr

• Baller
Anyone running this setup? Is this binding too stiff for this setup? I run double stradas and like the release from them. I want to put this setup on another ski for another person and they a comfortable with a RTP. I think the release would work with a rtp but wanted to see if anyone had first hand knowledge.

• Baller
My friend is running a Strada Front with RTP and he has ejected clean out of them several times.. He has a terrible habit of overloading his front foot on his offside turn and he just popped right out, boot and all a few times too. He broke his front ankle years ago on an O'brien/Goode front rubber boot, doing the same thing.

• Baller
When I ran powershells, I cut the front off the back boot to snug them up a little more. I have always had my back toes up on the front boot. I have not trimmed the Stradas yet, but have thought of it. I am actually thinking of trying the rtp again, with a modified heel cup so my heel doesn't move around. I lift my back heel up, but with a rtp, it moves side to side for some reason, and it makes me feel unsecure.

• Baller

@chef23 - I've measured my large Wiley's Ankle to Ankle - For my 11.5's the larges don't let my feet get that close, I think if you had larger feet they may, but 11.5 is supposedly the top of the size large range.

So going forwards from there my supposition is that Wileys aren't actually able to go that close together, and that many of the hardshells can get quite close - BUT - depends on where you fall with in the size range and fit of the shells. If that computes.

• Baller
My info is based on seeing other people's set ups not skiing on it as I am a RTP guy. I have seen Wiley rears with the toes right up on the back of the front binding but maybe they modded the rear. The double Stradas I have seen don't seem to get the toes that close.

• Baller

@Chef23 - you definately can get them there, it just depends on how you fit your bindings. Same with any system.

If you take your rear wiley's plate, and go till the plates hit, where your rear toes go is dictated by how long your foot is, the binding is going to be a certain ankle to ankle distance - period. Unless of course you cut the rear binding's plate so that they get closer together.

Ultimately its ankle to ankle position which we never discuss because the ideal is as close as possible - so if the boot can be adjusted any closer - it should be - so with hardshells on single plates, you often have the ability to rotate/slide the rear boot forwards to adjust the Ankle to ankle closer than comprable wileys.

Not always though.