Ski for my sister

WBLskier

• Baller

I need some input on a ski for my sister. I asked this question last year, but since she didnt buy a ski in the fall I figured I should ask it again. she is 35 years old; 5"7" probably 135lbs. she skis up to 32 mph 15 off, though I think she will get back into 34mph 15/22 pretty soon. She is probably going to buy a used ski on ski it again or some kind of closeout, so demoing the skis is probably not an option. I hear D3's are great for women. If so, why....which model...and which length.

Otherwise I am wondering what people would think about a 65" radar lyric or even a radar senate...thoughts?

She is on a very old 66" HO VTM right now.

Thanks in advance!!

• Baller_

D3. @Mrs.MS skis on a Z7 ST and loves it. She was on a 9700 and feels that the D3 turns easier.

She took a Fusion for a test ride last summer at Cottonwood and she was all smiles when she got back to the dock. She thought it turned the same as the Z but it did not take as much effort to ski on the Fusion. Both of the Radars you mentioned are awesome skis also and would work well coming off of the HO.

• Baller_
If for some reason she is a brand loyalist- HO Cotour and the Coefficient X (diff name now I believe) can be had for cheap. Loved the CoX sl I had for a while. Very easy to ride and they get very wide.

• Baller
I ski on a D3 Z7 and get into 22 off. LOVE the ski! It's stable and forgiving but still gets you plenty of speed and angle. I couldn't get quite as much angle on my D3 custom but loved how it skied too. I don't think she'd be disappointed in a D3. I haven't tried a senate but my husband use to ski on one, I'd be hesitant to go that route because it's a bit bigger and probably won't take her as far as something else.

• Baller

This is an interesting discussion to me because I'm a real lightweight for a guy and very close to her height and weight at 5'8" and 130 lbs. I'm 1 year older, with similar skiing habits though I do not ski the course (does she need a skiing partner? :) ). I'm getting a new ski in the spring and a Senate is at the top of my list to try based on what I've been told and read. I looked at one in the pro shop and didn't think that it was all that big compared to what a lot of people are on nowadays. In fact the tail looked more like a high end ski to me.

A Connelly V, H.O. Triumph and possibly a Coefficient X are on my list to demo also.

I've looked at D3's website and was intrigued by the X3. Has anyone been on one of those? Same mold as the X7/Z7 but geared more toward recreational people like me I guess. I've been on a Connelly Concept since '99.