I loved my O'brien Mapple-Siege, what's your favorite pre 2K ski?

B_S

• Baller
I have a Mapple-Siege, circa '99, which I skied until a couple of years ago (grey clear coat so you could see the carbon fiber, with Andy's signature in gold on the lower half). I tried an '06 SIXAM a few times, but could just had a heck of a time trying to get it on edge (looking back, that might have been due to those Bio bindings more than the ski that gave me problems). I finally upgraded to a '10 Elite with Prodigy bindings a couple years ago, and that has worked for me quite well. I still miss that old beast sometimes. I remember it being a bit twitchy and pretty unforgiving of mistakes, particularly unforgiving about stepping on the front to slow down, OTF anyone? Once used to it, though, it was like I just had to think what I wanted to do, and it reacted. It was fun!

• Baller
CDX. It was one of the first ones, the fin stuck up out of the top of the fin box. I had to hacksaw it down flush with the fin box at regionals due to it being a safety issue. Great ski. I know people who still ski well on it today.

5, that I can remember. The rear tow piece of combo's, around 1967. wood shop, around 1971. Used the shop class 2 piece forms, with ply, glue, laminent, top cap, table saw for the concave, and traced a little wider and longer(still have it in my rafters). world team comp, green glass bottom, wood top (around 1973). World teem comp, green aluminum top, green glass bottom around 1974, BFS, around 1995. All a lot of fun, but I regret no coaching.