What ski do you ride?

Waternut

• Baller
I'm an open water skier...in 14 years, I've never felt like my Concept reached out and bit me without warning. And I don't think I've fallen more than a dozen times on it since '99. Am I loyal to Connelly? In a sense, but I'm looking at some new skis in the spring once my shoulder is better and am going to look at Radar and H.O. as well.

• Baller
I picked up a 2012 Radar Vice around Christmas time based on the reviews here and elsewhere. Price was pretty good too. I had the opportunity to demo one last season and am excited to try the Lemon Lime Victory this summer. I'm coming off an '07 O'brien Evidence, so I should be much faster in the course as I'm trying to get up to 36 mph this year.

I ski on what works better than the previous ski I was on. In the last while I have been on Goode 9800, O'brien Sixam 2.0, O'brien Quattro, D3 Z7, and now one of Andy's new skis. Each ski was somehow better than the previous. The Goode was the last ski that I bought the hype on, everything since I tried before I bought and did so because there was a clear improvement in something like consistency or ball count. My current ski got around 6 at 41 off, unfortunately someone else was riding it at the time. Nothing tells you that you are the problem more than that.

I love my new s2 in open skiing. I like it in the course also, but I am not quite as consistent with the s2 in the course yet as I was with my 2012 triumph, which I gave to my wife. She is skiing the best in her life on it. I joined hill top this year, so I hope to get consistent with the s2 at 28, then 30, and hopefully 32 mph, 15 off.

• Baller

I ride whatever works for me and my issues. Right now that's a 6 year old MPD (also use a slightly newer RS1, very similar). Started on Obrien, moved to a KD CR7 till they went out (loved it), rode one of the first D3 Custom 4's (loved it), then the MPD when they first came out. Got an early edition Strada that for some reason I couldn't get consistant on (unfortunately), sold it, went back to the MPD/RS1. May be back on D3 soon. Or maybe a Razor. Or...

"Would love to get on a new ski as mine is an '08 Monza, but right now, it isn't looking like it'll be in the budget anytime soon..... argh!"

@Skoot1123 that's what God made Ski-It-Again for.

• Baller

Well I originally went with Radar back in 2011. It was my first really nice ski and I bought the 2010 Annex. At the time, the Annex was by far the best bang for the buck that I was able to find. After putting on some weight and learning to ski the course at much slower speeds than I was previously skiing on open water, I realized my Annex was too small for me. I bought an MPD for the sole purpose of trying to find a similar ski to the Annex without spending a lot of money on the size experiment. The MPD was awesome but if I got on the front too much, the ski would shut me down. After demoing the Strada and a quick tip, I realized I was able to work the MPD in ways that you aren't really supposed to ski. Bought a used Strada at the end of last season in hopes that the extra width of the Strada would make me ski "properly".

Basically, I've stuck with Radar purely because I like the way the ski's ride but want those subtle changes that something else offers.

• Baller
@Ed_Obermeier - Yes, I have looked into that as well. I know I'll have the opportunity to ski the A3 when I get to Coble's in June. But I'd love to try the Mapple 6.0 as well. Pretty sweet to demo a ski from him......might have to talk my wife into that as well!

• Baller
I'm got on the D3 Fusion last season after being on an 2005 X5. In M3, I picked up 8 bouys in one season and was stoked to get into '35. Definitely a fun season and I'm hoping to start carving on March 1st (pending shoulder recovery). I'm RFF and always used a right-handed baseball grip and my offside finish is my main focus this year - hoping to be more balanced with a left-handed grip. Been dry dock practicing all off-season! Cheers to all the Ballers - have a great season!!!

• Administrators

There are going to be a lot of new choices thing year.

I hear nothing but good things about the A3 and the Mapple. The new D3 has yet to show what is all about but I have high expectations. The 67 Endo from O'Brien is a new mold and the freaky O'Brien Conquer is the great white Unicorn of all time... the Quattro. The MC is due to be for sale also. SansRival is working on a materials upgrade. All this plus.. I also heard about something new double secret yesterday.... stay tuned.. start the rumor mill.

Technically the Nano One is also a 2013 ski and you know how I feel about it.

Holy crap is you are a ski geek 2013 will be awesome.

• Baller

Common...the Nano one is last years ski. It works for some like the S2, but not all. Did anyone even ride one in Acapulco? O'Brien needs to change its name. Herb O'brien is gone, they need make their own brand and give the trade marked name back to the boys at RADAR where it belongs.

I am a ski geek, I can't wait to hear what is in the rumor mill. This is what I live for.

• Administrators

Nano One came out at Nationals. That makes it a 2013 ski. Maybe it is not "news" but a lot of skiers really love it. Last I heard T-Gas was on Nano One but that needs to be confirmed.

Herb had not owned the brand for almost 40 years. Are you saying that HO should also give the trade name to Radar? You Realize that HO = Herb O'Brien?

Jeff Jobe's son works at Radar. You think Jobe should give him back the brand?

Pat Connelly sold Connelly 20 years ago? And hell who owns the Kidder and KD brands?

At least I did not give you a Panda.