What would you pay for a 2008 SN 196?

aswinter05

• Baller
There are also plenty of 200's overpriced IMHO. There are a couple of 2012 std models out there with higher asking prices than my bro's TE cost out the door new. I'll be happy with a bargain TSC1 until used prices come down to earth, or I can swing new one.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller

@richarddoane No, warranty is nil on a CC boat used at a ski school. Mastercraft limits warranty to 90 days on a boat used for commercial purposes.

Correct Craft's warranty exclusion statement-

Exceptions: This "Correct Craft Limited Warranty" shall not apply

to…

• Any Correct Craft boat which has been used at any time for

commercial or racing purposes, as a demonstrator or in a

promotional program, ski school or ski show.

Mastercraft's warranty limitation statement-

-all warranty coverage will expire after ninety (90) days

on boats used for commercial purposes.

It might be that you get away with it if the dealer doesn't provide the info to the manufacturer. But technically, MC and CC have the right to not provide warranty to you if they find out the boat was a ski school boat. I know CC does have a good idea which ski schools have their boats and I've seen them deny coverage to successive owners.

• Baller_
If everyone were fortunate enough to plunk down 10k more for a 200, most folks sure would. With an 08 around 500 hours coming in at 32k, 02-06 retro ZO boats coming in at 25k and ZO MC & Malibus in the mid 30s, the 196 will continue to hold its value well. It is very hard to find a 2009 196 due to owners staying with them due to prices of new boats.

• Baller
I haven't looked in a while, so they could be hard to come by right now due to spring being on the way. I'm not saying it won't have some hours on it, but then so will most 196's. CC should just put an end to all this and sell new $40k ish 196's again.

• Baller

There's about a 90% chance I'm heading to Michigan in the morning with the wife to pick up a 200. I'm super pumped. Not sure what's going to be more painful.... writing the dealer a check for the boat or having to stare at that beautiful boat in my garage until the weather warms up...

I appreciate everyone's input about 196 prices, etc. It definitely helped me understand the current boat market a little better. I think the price difference between a 2006 196 w/ PP and a 2007 196 w/ ZO is absurd. N3Boatworks in Indianapolis has a beautiful 2006 on their lot for right about $25K. After negotiation you could probably at least get them to $24K. Buy a boat one year newer with ZO being the only difference, and you are looking at spending at least $6,000 more. Outrageous. But as most of you said... that's just what the market is doing right now.

• Baller

And that's #2 so far in the search;)

Miami SN has a couple sweet mid $40's late model 200's, asking price. Put pencil to paper and see where you end up? 46 promo boats across the big 3 on SIA could drive down prices too? I'm curious to see what happens after the spring rush on boats. I don't mean to sound like a Debbie Downer on prices, just answering the OP as to why I wouldn't drop over $30 on a 196. It has nothing to do with the boat itself...still one of the best ever. But, anything is worth what someone will pay.

• Baller
@swc5150 - it will be interesting to see what you can pick up a 197 for once the new hull premiers in the fall. If the new hull is a hit, it will depress prices. But, if the new hull is viewed as a marginal improvement AND the price jumps significantly (SN 200), you may see the same phenomenon with the 197 that has affected 196 pricing.

• Baller

Thanks for posting my link on here, actually I posted it at $37.9 :)

This is one of the most unique markets we've seen in a long time regarding Ski Nautiques.

We've got 2007-2009's not going down in value but going UP?? While the 200's are holding in place not depreciating at the usual rate.

I've upgraded to the 2013 prop which dropped my rpm's by 200-250. Much crisper and my fuel efficiency has dramatically improved.

It's been a great boat to drive and ski but it's time.

Andrew, what does "a bit salty" mean? I am not familiar with this compliment.

For details, please email me directly: dcoke76@yahoo.com

• Baller
Just lurking on SIA and a few other classified sites, and 196's really seem to be dropping in asking price. For that matter, overall used inventories seem to really be growing. I hate to make predictions, but I have a feeling June may be a great month to buy a boat this year, if one can hold out that long.

• Baller
People are asking stupid money for them. I have a 09 Limited that I am about to sell. It has high hours but I will only be looking for about 26,000 for it. I need to work out the details on a replacement boat first, but hopefully I will be ready to move this boat in the next 30 days. Then I will have a better feel for what the market REALLY is on 08/09 Nautiques. My guess is that they are not selling for close to what they are listing at.

• Baller
I got a chuckle from the copy in the '09 ad..."No ridiculous offers". How about, "no ridiculous asking prices". $38k, wow! Galzanized trailers also bring salt water to my mind - not saying this one is a salty, just makes me wonder.