How is the weather at your house?

Horton

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller

Put a new impeller in the motor and ran the boat for about 10 minutes today for a shakedown run since it was sunny and the wind wasn't as bad as forecast. High was supposed to be 68 and it only made it to 51. Dipped my hand in the water and I'd say that Mother's Day with a wet suit will be a long shot.

Minnesota is the only place I've been where you could ski on the 4th of July and be the only boat on the lake making a wake.

Utah is probably the most totally freaking awesome place I've ever been. But every place has its own pluses and minuses.

• Baller_
@OTF doesn't roll into my what....? Just left the great white north. Flight delays delays delays!!! Have had my flights changed twice and delayed 6 times. Gonna be a long night. BOS should eleiviate some of the boredom and frustration. Looking forward to temps above freezing (by about 50 degrees) and long ski sets this coming week. I'll wave to @OB when I fly over head. If I'm not fast asleep.

• Baller
Been sunny here for about a week now, but the wind has been HOWLING constantly. We had 3 days of 40-60mph winds. It's calmed down to about 20mph today. No fun. Had to sit outside for a baseball game the other night and I was colder than many nights watching the Giants at Candlestick.

• Baller
@Skoot1123 - I'd love to take you up on that. Our lake is filled by irrigation water, and they are already a week and a half late turning it on. Once it is on, well take over 2 weeks to fill back up, so we won't be skiing this year until early May. Usually we are good to go by the last week in April, but not this year.

The value of my waterfront property is dropping by the minute... virtually everyone has waterfront property in western Michigan. over 9 inches of rain for the month already. At least Lake Michigan will rise from record lows. At least my lake is only 6" high.

• Baller
Ice is off here in southern WI, however we have had so much rain public lakes are up 2 ft and my lake has a lake restriction of slow-no-wake. Its been windy, cold and rainy for the last 2 weeks. Looks like another 10 days of the same. I dont think I will get to ski before visiting the Wilson Bros.

• Baller

We still have 2 feet of ice so I am waiting and waiting and ..... know I will start season in a very very cold water :0(

Type 40F. last year I skied in 45 and that was felt like sort of my lower limit.

A lot of rain this week and tomorrow it will be sunny and warm.

Got me a beanie (spelling?) yesterday.

Plan to purchace additional socks next week.

I hope to be able to squeze in 2 pair of 2.0 mm in my Vectors. One pair works ok.

There will be a summer this year, I know it.

The only questions is when?

• Baller
Jena and I might have to come down and see you @MS, as we still have 30" of ice, and just got another 17' of snow on Thrus/Friday which set an all time record of over 40" of snow in April in Duluth. I am guessing there will still be ice on the lakes up here on fishing opener May 11, but it should be out shortly after that. Amazing how different from last season when it set an early ice out record around March 28th.

• Baller

@MS nice to hear that you have open water. I'd be knocking on the door with beer if my dry suit was down here. Let me know when it hits wetsuit temps.

Still well over 2' of ice up around McGregor and covered with snow. On the plus side we should be sucker spearing over fishing opener instead of chasing walleyes with all the city folks!