New Evolution in Fin Measurements?

webbdawg99

• Baller

I've played with a recent prototype. It won't return the exact same numbers as a caliper, but in skilled hands, it's close and quite consistent. It's also a work of art and it's easy to see why it's so expensive. Its coolest feature is that it displays changes to all three fin measurements while any single change is being made. You just have to make adjustments until the three measurements match the numbers you want, there’s no measuring necessary. This will speed up the process a bit (or lots for some). It's well suited to someone who makes a lot of fin changes but calipers will still be needed for sharing numbers.

http://www.axiomtool.com

• Baller

If it could record my conversation at the end of the lake, or , better yet. , video my run and make the necessary adjustments automatically ... May be worth half the price of a ski.

Seriously looks awesome, but a solution without a problem(?)

• Supporting Member
Maybe makes sense for a "club" to get one? Split 5+ ways, that starts getting reasonable. And how often do you really need to use it? But I'd like to be pretty darn confident that it had awesome repeatability before slapping down any cash.

@skibug I've never timed installing it but I would say I can easily install it and read all 3 numbers in under 30 seconds. Another time saver is to try and change length. With Axiom, I can see that this also changed my depth and my DFT. I can then set them back quickly. Also, if I give you my Axiom numbers you could simply set your Axiom to those numbers then pull your fin into position and DONE!

• Baller_

If all the BOS members had one it would be great. It would be a great way to share fin numbers for all the skis and put an end to all the different calipers.

@Horton should make it mandatory for all members to have one.

• Baller
This thing is AWESOME! Its so easy to get repeatable, quick, accurate numbers over and over! Later, I'll post up some "crossover" numbers comparing my slot caliper with the Axiom. A HUGE thanks to Jim over at Axiom. If you haven't checked this thing out yet....you need to.