a few of my passes at McCormicks last week (video)

aswinter05

• Baller
Looks great, nice work! If I were to fous on a few things, it would be your pull-out, your position behind the boat, and your balance over the ski (particularly on your offside).You're narrow through the entire pass partially due to a less than aggressive pullout. Your dropping your hips back into a "safety" position behind the boat going both ways. Get that handle down low, stick your chest out, and get your hips up to the handle. Your getting decent angle out of your onside turn but you lose a lot of it by dropping your hips. The borrowed ski could have a lot to do with all of this by the way. Your onside turn looks pretty good but your offside turn is compromised a bit because you are too far back on your heels on that side. Pull out further to start your pass, trust your leverage behind the boat, and keep your weight balanced a bit better over your bindings on your off side and you should see miles of improvement in a hurry. Great work early in the season!!

• Baller

@Texas6 , thanks for the tip. I need to get a lot more confidence crossing the wakes. As I watch the videos in slow motion, my ski tip keeps popping up after the turn (most likely due to sitting on the back of the ski in a safety position anticipating the wakes).

@crashman , Thanks! Getting back in normal gear felt amazing (going to Skier's Edge tomorrow morning for a drysuit by the way). Florida is a great place to ski... even though you people in florida have some nasty looking water. I felt like I was skiing in green Saint Patty's day beer!

• Supporting Member
Good advertisement for McCorkmicks! Big improvements from pass to pass. Probably more than you even realize, since your measured results might seem similar. But you're moving toward a FAR better stance and body position, which will soon result in giant gains.

• Baller
It just dawned on me that I gave you no credit for the improvement you made from pass one to the final video. My apologies, honestly a very obvious and noticeable improvement. Pardon my jump to the technical, it was just a natural reaction to your request. All of what I mentioned will naturally rectify itself with time behind the boat. Just highlighting a few things that stood out at your request. Great skiing regardless

• Baller
I got giddy from just watching you take that first step from two hands on the handle to dropping one. Awesome progress! It gets better the more you do it, and you'll find that more speed into the turn (and carried through that turn) will let you feel in even more control of your skiing. +1 for posting your video.