Show us your lake!

doonez

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller
Yes , I know of two in Nor Cal. One is advertised in the western regional guide located near the river in Sacramento. The other is located in Lincoln near the airport off Wise rd. both are pricey, Or I would have bought one myself!

• Baller
Another NorCal lake home for sale is on Sky Lake located just south of Chico. Was our home ski site at Chico State. Kent & Janice Garrett are the current owners. See page 44 of the Western Regional Guide for ad. Priced just below $1million. 5 homes on the lake and very few ski these days but an absolute dream site! Check the Google Earth KML on BOS.

• Baller_
@Scot We had 5 straight days of 70s with very strong south winds. That combo will warm our lake up 5 degrees per day. The lake is not to deep and it was noticibly warmer on the north . Our 09 196 does not have the boat temp gauge so we use a drop in water thermometer.

We are looking at buying a property with a lake on it that measures approx. 560m on google maps. One end would not take much digging to create a turn island. Would this be long enough? What is the minimum length you need to put a course in and still be skiable?

• Baller

I would think that it you could run your lake the entire length of 1837' (Given you will have to have some ground on either end) you might be able to do turn islands on both ends and have a normal 6 buoy. It seems that I remember talking to a guy in our region who had a turn island lake that was 1650' shore to short and said it wasn't an issue.

I know a lot of people on here use 8 buoy courses, but for me that would be a last option. My wife (who runs into 35) skied an 8 buoy course tournament 2 weeks ago and struggled with it. For kids and longer rope lengths the "zero ball" seems to be fine and a nice aid for timing. Some of the 32 off (or 13m for you in Oz:)) and shorter skiers had some issue with it. Of course like anything else you can adapt with practice.

Matt is right. You probably need a new thread for this.

• Baller
Another view of my home lake New Melones (@cragginshred). I now live 3000 miles away, but I'm excited to go home and ski with the family in a few weeks. I did see a recent picture from a member and the water is a bit lower than this Google Earth image is showing... It doesn't ski as well as other sites, but its always fun.