Men's Gloves

RogoW

Been skiing with Horton and tried his gloves - 2013 Strada Boa Glove - Black / Glo Orange. They've got a dial that cinches down around your entire palm. I've been skiing 30 years and these are by far the best gloves I've ever used. Out of the box they feel like they're at that "one month old but broken in" stage. Horton wears them as is but I like a Large Kevlar liner underneath with XL gloves. Either way they are incredible. Very pricey but how important are your hands when you're trying to run passes? They will thank you.

• Baller_
If Radar ever decides to stop making Vice gloves, I will panic and purchase as many pair as I can find across the US and els-ware. They are that good IMHO and are as important to me as the ski itself.

I got my 2013 radar boa gloves a few months back and combined with a thin cotton under-glove have eliminated blisters. The ratchet is a great way to quickly re-tighten the glove after a pass so they always feel snug and comfortable. Not tried the vices but I hear they're good.

• Baller
The most durable gloves I've ever owned are the Straight Line Classic gloves. They are very hard to find though! Every other glove I've owned I've torn up in a few weeks (including other SL's). The SL Classics have lasted me an entire season before needing to be replaced.

I used the Radar ergo gloves through the winter this year and I can honestly say I loved them. However for serious skiing in the summer I have to say Pro Gears win hands down for me, best glove I have ever owned. I don't like thick gloves so always try to wear Pro Gears.

• Baller

I have used the Boas for a a good while and love them. Other than the normal seam repairs, no issues (except one blem, and Trophy Lakes replaced them for me). I have tried a lot of other gloves...41 Tail, Masterline Prolock, and progear come to mind. Didn't like the feel of the 41 tail, but might have been the liners, so will give them one more chance. I like the concept of the pro-locks, but just couldn't get the feel for them. I absolutely LOVED the pro-gears, but they just didn't hold up for me. Maybe I'm hard on gloves, but I don't think I got more than 10 sets before blowing out the left palm (always the left...had I blown out some right, I could swap things around).

So, I will stick to the Boas

• Baller
@jayg80 I bought some Ergos. I tried them in store and ended up with xxl. Within a month or so they were majorly stretch out. Couldn't wear them anymore, too loose. Using 41 tail larges with liners now and have had no problems with my hands.

• Baller

I'm using the 2012 BOA's. Love those things. Always snug and never come loose in a fall or a start. I don't know about the durability comment. I skied 3-4 times a week last year from early April to late October and they still look brand new. I've found the key to glove longevity/durability is to NEVER let anyone else touch them. Gloves are like underwear IMO.

I had some 41 Tail gloves for 4 years and liked them but hated how the palm strap always came undone every fall and about 1 in 3 starts. Really obnoxious! Anyway, after 4 years, the gloves were still in excellent condition IMO. I started letting two friends use them prior to buying the BOA's and in less than a month, they were stretched, abused, and torn at multiple seams. Instead of going all weekend without a blister, I couldn't go a single set without hand pain.

Hey Ballers.

I have been a long time user of the 41 tail gloves, and before that the Wet Tech Moto Gloves ( best ever ) in my opinion.

I've been working with Straight Line over the last few years and we have come up with the Stealth Glove. We have found that an enhanced pre curve to the glove, to go along with a nice soft leather feel on the inside, and a super grippy palm has made for a pretty solid grip and feel. No new rocket science here, but something that will hang on to the handle with ease, and maintain that feel we all want.

After two years of R and D I am using the product to jump and slalom!

People who are using the Radar Boa, and the 41 tail are having a seamless transition to the new glove, and I haven't seen anyone go back yet. I have even seen people that prefer the thinner leather gloves enjoy the gloves.

Check them out:http://www.slsports.com/gloves-stealth.html

I can't run 41 in them thats for sure but I sure can hang on to the handle! haha I found this link among others online if you are an online shopper. I am sure most shops carry them in store as well. https://www.boardco.com/shopexd.asp?id=23694

Give them a shot, and let me know what you think :) ryandodd@live.com

• Baller

@Rampdodd Those look pretty nice but the stealth gloves suffer from the same problem I had with the 41 Tails. The strap on the back of the hand has nothing to hold it down. The harder "SL" on that strap makes it easy to grab and pull off but also makes it easier for the water to rip it off too.

I don't know if I'm the only weirdo but I have so much trouble with that back strap coming off that I won't ever buy another pair of gloves that doesn't have kevlar and doesn't have something to keep that strap in place. As of now, that pretty much limits me to the $80 BOA's ($90+ after shipping). Would certainly entertain a cheaper option though...

I have used the boas for a couple of seasons now and love them.

Unfortunately, the wrist / palm seam ripped on one of them trying to force them on wet.....

I don't care though, I'll buy another pair when they're beyond help. They are the most comfortable gloves I've used, super quick to put on (important when conditions are dicey) and the dial-in mechanism allows a variable adjustment across the back of the hand that you just don't get from any other glove.