Mapple 6.0. 66.75". Struggling.What settings do people have?

londonskier

• Baller
I got off the Mapple in April and got back on the N1. now that I feel that I am skiing stronger and more consistant I am going to spend some time on the Mapple again. Thanks @Shane for dialing it in for me cant wait till she is home where she belongs!

• Baller

On our web site are what we feel are basic middle of the road settings for a wide range of skiers. These settings work for a high majority of our customers and no changes need to be made. However, we have to remember that everyone has a different style and feel for their skiing. We totally understand that and we are available to help anyone with settings, via email, phone, video clip or even if possible at our facility in Orlando.

In reading the post above, I will in the next day or so, post numerous settings that we have different skiers at (without their names, but will try and explain their style) and why we went this direction. I hope this helps to answer some questions, but please feel free to contact us anytime with questions and if settings are needed. Thanks, Andy

• Baller

Great input @Mapple.

I have told you guys before, if you EVER have the opportunity to ski with Andy, take it. It is one of the coolest experiences you can have as a skier. I have had the fortune of skiing with a lot of great coaches over the last few years. There are certainly exceptions, but often times, coaches (including me) say very similar things, perhaps just describing them differently. What I found with Andy was, it IS different. In some ways from that, I feel like I'm having to un-learn some things, and learn to ski again. When I can make myself actually do it, it is incredible. The follow up and commitment to the skiers that Andy and his team have is exactly what guys like me need. I can send Andy a video, or heck, just describe what I'm feeling, and he can give me a direction to take with settings, thinking, etc. So far, every thing he has suggested has worked (sort of like, he knows what he's talking about...). And I get support from the other Team Mapple skiers, too.

In case you guys can't tell, I am stoked about my 6.0, and Mapple Skis. It's pretty cool to be able to communicate with the best skiers in the world about making my skiing better!

• Baller
In 1995 I posted PB's at the States, Regionals and Nationals. In May of that year (prior to those pb's) I spent a week skiing with Andy, believe me it was no coincidence that I did so well. @Mapple, Andy is simply the best at what he does.

• Baller
@Mapple -- if you have the settings you put on my ski when I skied with you April 1st you can post them with my name -- I was asked about them anyway and haven't had the ski out of my boat to measure it up. Finally getting my knee to work and the ski is working great! Nice to get to where I can push it a little more and see what it can do. It sticks with me no matter what I do right (or wrong). If I trust the ski and just point it cross course and hang on I am in good shape at the next turn.

• Baller

I've been chasing mine a bit, but have gone back to the original numbers that @Mapple had me set up on to see if I can get me bearings back. I'm currently on the 66.75", running 6.825", 2.500", 0.776", 9 degrees. To back of front Reflex shell, 29.5".

Hoping to get some video today to send Andy.

I think my biggest adjustment needs to start just above the ankles.

A big thank you to all who posted on this topic, with many suggesting go forward with the boots. I did that, 1/4 inch and Kaboom! The skis works. All other settings are stock, but wing at 7. Cheers! Going to Newport Beach in August, never been to Cali before, hope to meet a few of you then.

• Baller
Last night made no changes to the fin other than going to 9 degrees on the wing. Then went out and ran up the rope through 35. Which I've only done once this season. The extra degree on the wing didn't slow the ski down any. Just tightened it up. My perception was that it felt like a Nano One, only faster and with more angle. Numbers I'm running now front binding 29 5/8, 6.835 length, 2.500 depth, .778 dft, and 9 degree wing.

• Baller
I ski 36mph. Week before last I put my wing on 9 from 8. Numbers are pure stock 6.840, 2.505, .775, and binding pure stock 29.5" (T-Factor). Ski feels instantly amazing. Jumped up a pass from 32 to 35 straight away.

• Baller
Result from me running 8 degrees was better width but uncontrollable tip rise out of my offside. On 9 degrees tip rise solved ski runs flat, but more effort to get width. May have a play around with dft to gain a bit more width.