How Nano1 changed my lake

jRoe

I heard all the talk, seen the records of the 2012 season but it was not until baller #1 brought one to the lake. His a mid -32 skier and I saw changes right away for him, this guy was going to 5 ball at -35. I thought hum... I saw other skiers at tournaments on the nano1, I thought, it's for sure a good ski. Baller #2 on the lake has been trying many other brand skies for 2 years now, but not the nano1. Finally after no improvement he had the N1 sent out. His now improved his PB in practice 3 1/2@39 and tied his PB at tournament 2 1/2@39, plus his 38's at practice has really increased.... i had to try one. I put on my Baller's #1 N1 (left foot) I'm a right foot skier. Ran 1@38 never missed a pass. Then I skied on my other friends N1 (rt ft) did the same 1@38. So now I have my own''''''. I ran in practice 4@38 last week and I have had my ski for 8 days. The last time I skied like this was before zero off was around.. Have we found the magic carpet?

• Supporting Member

It's no secret that I'm a huge fan of the N1.

But nevertheless your club's experience seems just a little outlying.

I think a lot of skiers on plateaus will see maybe +1 buoy or at least an improvement in consistency, and that's a BIG deal. If you would be willing to pay two grand (maybe a little less used) for another buoy, then you should absolutely try one.

But it's not quite a miracle, and there will be some for whom it doesn't really work.

• Baller

@OB don't think I put the rope on 35. I did surpass my then tournament PB 3.5@32 (and current 5.5@32 tournament Pb) I know I ran through 32 first set early and easy. @Horton was in the boat I think.

If I was not a broke ($41 in my name can't ski till pay day) college student. I would for sure get one to demo and ski on more than 1 set.

It was a fun set ill admit that.

• Baller

Are everyone switching to the Nano switching to Powershells and Velcro too...

Did someone successfully put inserts on a Nano...

(Sorry,question mark nor working :) )

My ski finish in 16.95 but my ass is out of tolerance!

• Supporting Member

@Andre I would strongly advise anyone changing skis to migrate over their current bindings. Changing bindings is at least as difficult as changing skis, and if it's a change of "type" (e.g. rubber to hard) then I'd say it's even harder.

Isolate one factor at a time or you'll have no clue how to evaluate your experience.

I ordered mine with inserts, but in the end ended up using the same system I had on my 9900: Sufficient Velcro to never release, with a G10 plate on top and my T-factor bindings mounted to said plate. I actually had no choice because my rear boot wouldn't pivot to where I needed it using the inserts, but I'm glad I set it up this way because it allowed me to tune my boot position a bit more precisely, which I found was more important on the N1 than on any previous ski I've owned.

I've also heard it claimed that the G10 plate allows your ski to flex "correctly," but it's possible that's total B.S.

• Baller
Just sent my Nano back. It didn't work for me. As @Shane said it was a lot of work. I was inconsistent on it. Very frustrating especially after hearing all the great things said about it. One thing for sure it works better in warmer water. Skied better in Florida than in Massachusetts on it last month.

• Administrators
@OB please pipe down. As the sucker who helps @MattP with gear I can not afford this thread. (Plus I hear he is skiing pretty good on what ever I sent him last)

• Baller
So if Nate was riding a Nano he would hold the record now? I'm loving the Quest and I'm almost certain I'm the problem not the ski... I just don't buy the magic stick talk.. but the idea of a ski tuned for left or right foot forward does make me curious.

• Baller
I think @OB is suffering from a major self imposed placebo effect. He's convinced that he can only ski on a Goode. I watched many skiers demo the D3 Quest at our demo day....and everyone was impressed. There's only one person I can remember that couldn't even run a pass on it......I'll let you guess who. His mental fixation on Goode is overriding his physical ability to ski well on anything else! OB will be on the orange crack for life. Period.