Pro Skier Looking for an Orlando Ski Partner

JoelHowley

• Baller

Hi all...

If there is someone out there that skis around 12:00 noon I am often finding myself with nowhere to ski at about that time.

Or if there is someone who skis in the afternoons that would be happy to let me take 3 sets I would be keen for that also.

I ski every second day and do tournaments most week ends.

Also if you have any other ideas/advice let me know. I'm only in the states to ski and I'm open to suggestions.

I would be more than willing to drive, pay for fuel and coach. I'm avoiding working at ski schools this season so I can train on the days I don't ski.

You don't need to be an ace driver however I do need zero off and a slalom course.

Thanks...

Joel Howley

>shortlineslalom@gmail.com

>407 797 3377

• Baller

Well Texas and/or Atlanta would be cool.

Thank you both.

Staying in Florida would be best because it means I can do lots of tournaments however training is more important than competing so if I haven't sorted out some more places to ski in a month or two I would definitely be keen to move.

• Baller
@JoelHowley. Why don't you move to Utah. I have the perfect site for you...I could get a boat with zero off....and you could become the king of the hill with your drinking buddies because our beer is so friggin watered down. And as an added bonus, in Utah you can have 50 wives......wait.....that is a curse! Scratch that one!!!! We are a delta hub however....hint hint. :)

• Baller

@rayn - Thanks Ray.... I miss that place so much. It makes me question why my desire to improve is so much stronger than my desire to have fun.

Hope U have an unreal time, I was with some of the Coble crew at Malibu. April has put together another awesome group of coaches.

• Supporting Member

I can't claim to be Jamie's spokesperson; I only skied with him twice last year. But my impression is that he's not especially interested in competing right now, and has turned most of his effort to ski and other equipment design.

He was also battling some minor injuries during 2013. In fact, I don't think I saw him ski at all, although he claimed to be running -41 occasionally and even had some ideas about how -43 could be possible.

• Baller
If someone has the lake and boat I can vouch for Joel's coaching. Joel is a great coach and a good guy. If I was in FL and had what he needed I would take him up on his offer. Unfortunately I am in Massachusetts and don't have ZO.

• Baller
how about a 2003 RLxi with zbox at 0630 ? I live on the east side on a lake with a course. And after 7/12 I'll be out of work and home all day until I get another job so later would work.

• Baller

Joel, you are welcome to ski Lapoint Ski Park. You are the kind of person we are looking for. We have memberships available and have a sweet Centurion Carbon Pro that is fueled up and ready!

Anyone else out there looking to ski in Orlando with Joel, we will work with you on a shared membership.

• Baller

@Sully - Your Washington offer is certainly tempting if Orlando doesn't work out.

@Chef23 - Thanks Mark

@Iff - Zbox is tempting but I really cant take the risk. I revert back to my old way's of PP skiing way too easily.

@Ed_Johnson - I just replied to you email... It that works out for I would be stoked!

@SkiKolb - Yes! haha, thanks for the call. A shared membership with someone who wants 4 sets every second day would be amazing. The set up you have at Lapoint Ski Park is fantastic.

@454SS - If only I could afford to hire you.

Thank you all for the offers.

• Baller
How about South Florida? Ski at Okeeheelee... everyone has ZO and we have several great drivers to choose from that I'm sure would be happy to hook up with you. Becky Lathrop - Big Dawg driver, lost count of how many records she has pulled, Jeff Kepchia who pulled Nick's 4@41 record, Paul Santangelo - Big Dawg driver and hopefully me, pulled 7 National records so far. Boats in order of drivers above are 2019 Nautique, 2019 Nautique, Centurion, MasterCraft ProStar. I was hoping to pull you in our record(s) last weekend, but your plans must have changed. Anyway, you would be welcome here anytime.

• Baller

This brings back some awesome memories.

I ski at Swiss Ski School these days however as a result of this thread I skied at lots of good sites around Orlando so thank you to all those who responded back then when I was just starting out.

@Ed_Johnson cheers for the stories, I still remember at least three of them, haha. Good times.

Hey,do you ever come to Calif ?I have never been coached & my personal best 10 years ago was 2 @ 28 off , 34.60years old.I ski with bad ss women & young kids working there way up the ladder.I love it. Come stay with me for free anytime & bring someone with you too.Alway wanted to pay for training attached to what goal I have, lol?Get me to run anything close to 28 off & I’ll be happy as heck & pay you anything you want.?