Slalom Glove Recommendation

I currently have a cheap pair of Accurate gloves and a pair of Masterline Pro Locks. I do not like the feel of the Pro Locks so I'm looking for a new set of gloves. What would you guys recommend? I've been looking at the Radar Strada Boa and the HO 41 Tails. Any help would be much appreciated!

I use the Pro Locks and love them. However, I didn't like them until I took the dowel out. You might want to try that.

Also, my back up pair is 41 tails. The strap is aggravating. Have to fix it after almost every start.

the radar boa gloves are sweet! i love how mine fit and the little cables that tighten them up work great, the only thing is mine are starting to fall apart a bit, it is my 2nd season with them now but they didnt hold up as well as the masterline pro locks, but maybe they made them more durable this year

• Baller
@malibuboats91 I had some ergos, in the store xls fit good but they quickly stretched way out. I'd get the smallest size you can get your hands into. Other than that I liked them. So for I like 41 tails best, however I have problems with the palm strap velco coming loose.

• Baller

Use to use the Radar Boa Gloves, but they just fell apart way too fast for me, especially at the price they are! We do ski 2 sets daily from May 1-Nov 1, but I went through about 3 sets of Radar Boa's last year.

Recently switched to the GOODE power gloves (black and white ones). Cool wrap around strap on the mid hand and a traditional strap at the end of the glove.

PLUS, they are on sale on the goode website for $34.99! CAN NOT BEAT THAT PRICE! Email rick@goode.com to get a set. He is a great guy!

• Baller
I don't ski quite as much as GOODESkier, I'm more a 1 set and sometimes two set guy with the rest about the same, but my Boa's are on their third season and just in need of replacement now. I use to go through a lot of gloves when I bought them too tight. I just ordered a new set.

• Baller

I just replaced a pair of Radar Boa's with the same. Yeah they are a bit pricey, but I was able to get two seasons out of the first pair and never had an issue; no velcro coming undone and trying to get it hooked back up coming around the island. :-)

• Baller

Man I was talking to someone the other day about how I've skied on my 2012 BOA's now for a full year and they still look just as good as the day I bought them. I typically use them 3-5 times a week from mid March to late October and they rarely have time to dry before I'm using them again. I usually ski the course 1-2 times a week and rarely do less than 2 sets. The rest of the time is open water skiing.

I do think they've stretched a little just beacuse the ratchet palm strap looks cinched down closer together than I remember but that's trivial since I can still tighten them down as much as I like. I never let anyone else touch my gloves though... You can use my ski, vest, handle, etc. but no one touches my gloves. IMO, the fastest way to kill a pair of gloves is to let others use them.

• Baller
@Malibuboats91,I Iike the ergos better. I have small palms and skinny long fingers. The wrist strap is wider on the ergos which feels better. I used a md boa until theu stretched out and now I am on md ergos but this yr the ergo sized increased slightly so next yr it will be sm. ergos. Also the 2013 ergos have the better palm material than previous years. I have not had a problem with the velcro releasing yet.

• Baller
Just looked at a picture of the Ergo's out of curiosity. That strap across the top of the hand looks similarly short akin to the 41 Tails! Is that an optical illusion? 41 Tails without that issue would be keepers for life

Thanks everyone for the help! I ended up going with the Radar Ergos. I decided to go this route because they are $20 cheaper than the Boas and Bery similar to the 41 tails. The boas look awesome but I don't ski enough to justify $80 on gloves. I'll let you know how I like the Ergos when they arrive. Thanks again!

• Baller
I was going in between the Ergos and the Boas as well...I settled on the Boas because I got a 15% off coupon and...the orange matched my ski. The Boas always seem a little loose on the first run, but once they get good and wet have a nice snug, but not tight feel.

My Ergos just got delivered. I'd have to say that the quality is a lot better with these in comparison to my Pro Locks. The place I ordered them from said I should go for the medium even though I wear large in the Pro Locks. I just tried them on and they are tight and my middle fingers hit the end of the gloves. I plan to ski with them sometime today and hopefully they stretch a little.

• Baller
Do the BOAs run big or small? I'm debating between ordering a medium or a large. I'm 6'4" and have pretty big hands but they are skinny. I had ordered a pair of 41 tails that were an XL and they are way too big, hands blister every time I use them.

• Baller

@omland yes my fingers and hand are long and skinny. I've thought about cutting the glove fingers off so I can get gloves to fit tighter. I tried the XL Ergos, very tight in the store but they stretched out and were way to loose after using them a few times.

I had read here somewhere that some of the pros were using gloves that were several sizes to small so they would fit tighter.

• Baller
My wife was asking April Coble-Eller about gloves and how they should fit when we were at Coble's Ski School. April said to get them so you can't straighten the finger out - and if the back strap won't latch/buckle/tighten at first, don't worry about it, because it will stretch after two sets. When I'm ready for new gloves - that will be my strategy for proper fit. As far as comfort, I like the Ammara palms vs the Amarid. That - I believe is just personal preference.

• Baller

Just ordered my second pair of ProGear this week. Hands down the best fitting and feeling glove I have used.

@chuck_dickey 200 sets? I've gotten a very generous 95 sets out of mine.. Which I don't mind.

Do all of you wear liners under your gloves? I only got to use the gloves wakeboarding once and skiing once. I typically don't wear gloves wakeboarding, but I wanted to see if they would stretch at all before I went skiing. I got some calluses on my hands but nothing too bad. If liners are needed I think the medium will be too small for me. Thanks for all the help!