The Vapor by RadaR

Horton

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller_
very similar to the Strada in feel, stable as he!! and easy to stand on, turns in better for the gate was the first thing I noticed, blazes across the course in typical Radar fashion, been playing with fin settings and binding placement thanks to input from Eddie & Rossi, the first pink one I had for about 3 weeks, helped me get out of a 2 @ 38 slump that had taken control of my skiing in July, the new Green one I've been on for 2 weeks now, haven't missed a 35 in tournament rounds so far, and been getting to the 4 ball on purple, my latest practice thing is spin 28's, then spin 32's, and then this week added spin 35's, last night with OF at the wheel I ran a 28 opener, then 5 32's w/o dropping, hoping to get through that nasty purple loop at Sunday's tourney, gotta remember to get up on the boat for a good start, no matter what the line length

• Baller
Does anyone know if there will be a color differentiation between the lithium, graphite, and alloy? I would assume so, but haven't seen anything on this yet...I have a Vapor Graphite on order (since I'm not the prettiest style skier) and am not really sure what it will look like.

• Baller

I've noticed that most of the reviews of the Vapor on here are from shortline skiers, so here's my perspective from being a 30mph-36mph skier. I demoed the ski yesterday and had Brooks Wilson as a coach (which I'm not gonna lie was pretty awesome);

First off, you have to dominate the front end of this ski in order for it to work for you, after you do that, this ski rips in every phase of the course. Coming through the wake, this things picks up speed scary quick. Approaching the buoy, I didn't bleed off as much speed as I normally did, but that was okay because once I got to the buoy, I could rip the turn and the ski wouldn't wobble or have a stop-and-start ending once I established the angle like sometimes happens on my ski.

This ski was an absolute dream to be on and I'm glad the guys from Radar were cool with letting the college kids give it a whirl while there were people looking to buy the new ProStar on the other lake.

(Note: My normal ski is a 66" O'Brien Elite Quattro)

• Baller_

@jc_mccavit - 66" ski, 29 1/8" for front boot, 2.490, 6.860, .760 9 degree wing screws up as per Eddie/Rossi, been 3 weeks now but kinda went backwards last week with an SI flare-up, probably shouldn't have skied tournaments last Thursday and Saturday, took this week off to rest for a RC at Borderline this coming weekend, planning to get-r-done !

@fatroll - same fin settings, just a larger # for your boot measurement IMO

• Baller
The water I typically ski on is "muddy" making you lose outbound speed much faster than at other sites. Plus, accelerating is a little tougher than other sites. When I get my ski (hopefully in the next day or two) I will start with Rini's number but generally a binding adjust is a great help on this water. @AB and @ richarddoane thanks for your input.

Vapor=mind blown lastnight! I skied sets 2&3 lastnight. On my second set just went out and turned the brain off and skied. Can not believe what happened! Im RFF and my 135 has always been tough. I always feel rushed to start my 135 turn as soon as im off the 2nd wake which = loss of angle= poor handle cont= long sweeping bus turn= down course slack rope= late to 2,4 etc etc. -32 has become almost a given for me this season. I have only missed the pass once out of 12 tournament rounds. Anyway and i still cannot figure out how this happened but i found myself wider, earlier, taller, with handle into hip longer going to 135 at -32 than ever before!!! My offside turns lastnight @-32 were like nothing i have felt to date! unreal i am at a loss for words. I will report back soon.