Wrong foot forward!

tbrenchley

Well it's that time of year where me and my ski partner @klundell start issuing interesting challenges. The latest challenge: skiing wrong foot forward. Well I've never even tried it before and we had to get on an old ski with rubber bindings (my old goode 9500) so we could switch our feet around and then we were off.

The first pass was the mini course at 30mph 28 off:

After making quick work of that might as well try the big course:

I realized I was still trying this at 28 off so had to get after it on the last attempt so here's round 2 of 26mph 28 off:

Anybody else do stupid stuff like this to keep the sport fun?

• Baller

Always doing stupid stuff like that. Done wrong foot forward. Used the slalom from a combo set. A billboard. A trick ski no bindings. Two handed. Jump skis. Old wooden ski. It's fun screwing around. Billboard was the most fun because you would have to run from one side to the next to turn.

We tried this a few weeks ago (normally left foot forward to tried right foot) used a old HO ski and I can honestly say was the worst experience ever, my right leg was burning for days after and i couldn't even cross the wake very well. Goes to show you how much stronger your front foot actually is. I do know of someone who make the switch from right foot forward to left foot and he is skiing fine now. Into 28 off @34mph.