Ski suggestion for 10 y.o.

Laz

• Baller

Hi. My son has been skiing on an O'brien Jr Allegiance and has been making great progress.

Is it time for a new ski? His PB is now 4@55k (34.2mph). Here is a video of him at 52k.

Any ski suggestions? He's about 95lbs now. We are working on improving his stacked position.

Thanks!

• Baller_

Yes, time for a new ski. The 62" D3 RCX is the best kid ski I have seen to date, but he's on the high side for weight and would need something else by next year. I would look for a 64" D3 as they are very easy to ride and very stable.

I also think he is at the stage where he would benefit from a hardshell binding. Kids adapt to the Reflex very quickly, but do one at a time (ski and binding separately).

If it was easy, they would call it Wakeboarding

• Baller
@Laz, I've got a copy of your son. Mine is also a 10-y.o, 95 lbs, running deep 34 mph at 15 off. He's currently on an old D3 RC 63". I'm considering a Mapple 64.5 for next year, but it seems to be hard to get multiple advice on sizes. I'm not sure how much a kid at this age can give good feedback when trying different skis... He has tried my 66" skis and skied close to PB on them on the first set, but those skis are a bit too big for him anyway.

• Baller

I just purchased a 64" Goode Fire for my 10 year old boy and 12 year old daughter, to share. First set on the ski and my son improved his PB by 6 buoys and my daughter improved her PB by 11.5 buoys. The next day they backed those scores up in a tournament. They are so excited, they can't wait to get back out to the lake to ski again. I have been putting this purchase off for awhile now and am kicking myself for not doing it sooner. Seeing their renewed excitement is truly priceless.

Son weighs about 90 pounds and daughter is right at 100. They are growing, so I wanted to get a ski that would last them awhile. As a bonus my wife will be able to use this ski, as well.

• Baller
Yes, Total Radar Awesomeness. He is demoing it tomorrow. My understanding is that it is a shortened Senate. We have a good deal on it. Anyone think it is worth considering? Or, should we move on to something else?