Any clue what I can get for an '05 Nautique?

Than_Bogan

• Supporting Member

400ish hrs. Maintained and cleaned at the dealer every winter (but rarely clean by me...). White/tan/black. Old-school Perfect Pass.

I'm not actively looking to sell it, but I am considering the possibility of moving forward just a few model years mostly for ZO. I practice on my ski partner's ZO boat a lot, so I'm not desperate, but looking into it.

What I could realistically get for this one will have a huge influence on what I'd be willing to offer for an '07-'09 with ZO. (I am not interested in a 200 -- see thread with mousehole tunnel picture!)

Thanks in advance for any info!

• Baller

I can't believe it would be cheaper to sell your current boat and buy a new one versus retrofitting Zero Off. And you know the exact condition of your current boat whereas any knew boat has an element of uncertainty.

To your original question I believe I've seen similar model years go for $21,000 - $27, 000.

• Supporting Member

As far as I can tell, there's a substantial cost ($5k-ish) in parts alone. Then there's like an entire weekend of labor, which I have no interest in and which surely would cost at least another $1k to get somebody else to do.

And a newer model year has some inherent value, so all in all if I can upgrade for something like a $5k difference, I think I'm coming out ahead of retrofitting. That may still be true at a $7k difference.

The way I see it, once you're selling to non-tournaments skiers (typically the case for a 9 year old boat and most skiers are non-tournament skiers anyhow), there is almost no difference between PP and ZO. I think that's why it's plausible that a new boat could end up a better deal than a retrofit.

But if somebody can offer me a good deal on a fully installed ZO retrofit, I'm listening!!

• Baller
@Than_Bogan -- at some point I think we just upgrade. Planning to sell my 2005 PS197TT with SG and zbox over the winter and replace it with the new MC 197 (and a large loan!). While my boat has more hours (probably 1250 by the end of the season), the maintenance has been exceptional, and no one who has seen, driven, or skied it would ever guess the hours. It is pristine! Figure it is still worth mid-20ish. For a slalom junkie it is an awesome boat -- I just got overwhelmed by the cool new 197.

• Baller_
@Than_Bogan Lets See $5K? Bring it on down to Florida Inboards in Panama city. Drop it off on Fri mid day go ski your brains out at Cory's Fri afternoon and Sat (at my expense) come back Sun Morning and you can haul it back to Yankee land!!

• Baller
Take Jody up on his offer. First of all, the 2002, 03, 04 and 05 Ski Nautiques track better than the 06,07,08 and 09's They ski a bit better, and for sure drive and track better. In 2006, they changed the wet surface, filled in some pockets ( that were on the 02,03,04, andf 05's) that helped the boat track and kind of sucked it down, This was done because some trick skiers ( all 75 of them) complained that the trick wake wasn't good. Therefore, Nautique changed the wet surface, and added the hydro gate. This helped the trick wake, but took some away from the slalom drive ability. a 2005, with 400 hours, dude, that is an awesome boat. Put Zero in it, and it's as good as anything out there.

• Baller
I had Tim White in AL put ZO off in my 05 196 SN nearly 2 years ago. My boat had 425 hrs at the time. Best decision I ever made. Your current boat is going to depreciate a LOT less over the upcoming years vs the newer one you are trying to buy. It was about 4K to do the conversion and I was also able to sell my PP as well.