Radar Vapor - first few rides

Horton

• Administrators

First ride- interesting but odd

Second ride - ran a hair on fire 38 but things are not really clicking

Take out some length

Third ride - meh. whatever. Maybe better but not amazing.

move bindings forward 3/16th

Forth ride- Holy Sheep Dip! Now I get it. That is so much better. This thing is fun. Details to follow.

• Baller
@ThanBogan, aren't you aware by now that @Horton knows all! Seriously, I've never met Horton face to face, but it's obvious that he has a feel for skis and has an innate ability to know what adjustments need to be made to make the ski perform properly.

• Baller
I am on a 66" @ 34mph. Reflex front and Strada rear. I was told to mount the front boot 29" from the tail but can only get it 29 1/2", maybe that's far enough ahead? The ski is great! I am right were I was with my Strada first pass. Seems like you can screw up a turn so bad that you think you are done but hold on and it will take you to the next ball.

@Horton i moved bindings forward lastnight and the ski is money!! So using the sequence plate i am now in the center hole of the rear set of holes if that makes sense? 2.480 6.870 .755 9 deg i do not use slotted calipers and use the tips to measure lenght. With lastnights change my practice average went up by 2 bouys. Skied around 5 ball 3 or 4 times @35 off lastnight!!!

• Administrators

@markchilcutt

center hole never means nothing! if you're not measuring your bindings you're cheating yourself.

your fin #s are logical

( terrible grammar included for my old buddy Eddie)

• Baller
I watched Tadd ski his first set on the Vapor the other night. He put the boots at Rini's settings which ended up center hole. However, he definitely appeared to be riding the tail and I dont think it was from his body position. I told him he probably needed to move the boots forward.....seems that others are experiencing the same thing.....

• Baller
@Horton, I for one sure appreciate the sacrifice on behalf of the Ballers and the slalom world at large, but I feel you would have rounded 2 ball at 43 had you spent any real time on a single ski. You get more skis and buoys than I do regardless

• Baller

I got to try the new vapor with Eddie over the labor day weekend. 6'1' 190lbs run -35 50%

huge thank you to Eddie, the guy rocks!

standard ski a 66 strada ( this season I did not work in AK on a fishing boat so I weight 10 lbs heavy this summer, hard to take off at 48yrs young)

skied a 67 vapor right down the line run back to back -35 with ZO. wide and early.( im thinking wow I need one of these.)

If you have not tried this ski yet you should get your hand on one. stable like my strada, low tip through all the passes, and fast as heck ball to ball

setting I used 6,860 2.480 75.5 9wing fb 29 3/4

The radar Love!!

Deano

• Administrators

Hmmmm My gate is a mess (not the skis fault) I just can not get a good one ball right at 35 and at 38 it is terrible but once I get into the flow of the pass the Vapor and I are getting along just fine.

I rounded a 3 ball (off side) at 35 tonight where I could not believe how wide I was.

I am still screwing around with settings and my gate pull out. I think the deal is this ski glides more than the last ski I rode so my gate pull out timing is all screwed up.

I only have one more practice ride before Diablo. That is not a good thing. Gimmie another week on this thing and I think things will be much better.

• Baller_

I loaned my pink 66 Vapor to a fellow skier at the Hilltop this past Sunday, he has been on a Silver Strada since 2010, he skied the 2nd and 3rd rounds on it and skied into -35 in both, his initial comment was how much better it turned in for the gate, it'll be interesting to see how he does on it this next weekend at the Last Blast