2008 rs1 binding and Radar senate c

foxriverat

• Baller
Hi guys. My first post here. Started getting more serious about slaloming this year. I have been on a 1999 kd 7000 66 with advantage highwraps for years. I am a very young 53 years old 5.7 170 muscular build. As of now skiing 15 off 32 mph not running the course yet. But hoping to soon. Want to upgrade ski and have decided on the 67 radar senate c found a good deal on a 2013 67 blem senate c. Also found a good deal on new 2008 rs1bindings and a sequence plate N. Would these bindings fit the senate? They did not specify if they were for LFF or RFF or would the vector room 38 bindings that they usually offer with the senate be a better choice. The rs1 which I believe is now the strada binding looks to be a much more comfortable binding. Thanks for your input.

• Baller

Once you have the RS1 bindings and sequence plate in your hands it will make sense... The boots can be swapped front to back on the plate to make them LFF or RFF. The sequence plate will fit every single ski on the market with one of the two standards for inserts.

The sequence plate allows for many binding placement options, including rotation of both feet, adjusting the distance between the feet, and moving the whole assembly forward or back on the ski.

If you do end up swapping the boots front/back, install the front boot in the middle/centered location as a default. Then, before installing the back boot on the plate, take a moment and measure the distance from the back of the front boot to the back of the plate. Mark this down in pencil on the top of the plate somewhere for reference. Also, write it down in your notebook or save it somewhere for future reference. Now, you can install the back boot on the plate. When setting up the bindings on a ski, you can use this measurement to calculate the front binding placement from the tail of the ski. Just measure the distance from the tail of the ski to the back of the plate and then add your value from the front boot to the back of the plate to get the total distance from tail to front boot.

• Baller
Thanks for the help guys. So do you feel the rs1 binding is a better option then the vector room 38 I would love to have more comfort. The old advantage rear highwrap kills my foot after a little while. I like the idea of being able to rotate back binding as my toes point outward when I walk and I wear out the outsides of the heels on my shoes. It was recommended to me to angle the rear binding.

• Baller
My feet tend to be wide at the balls of feet and narrow at heel. I hear the rs1 (stradas) tend to slip in the heel. So vectors should be a better choice for me. Also being 5.7 165 to 170 muscular wondering which length would be better 65 or 67 senate c My kd is 66. Chris Sullivan from radar emailed me and said Im inbetween sizes and could go either way. Said the 67 would give longer radius turns. And the 65 shorter quicker turns and I could use my strength more which I might like.

• Baller

@foxriverat Wow! We've got a pretty similar story - I was on a KD 7000 forever, upgraded to RS-1 bindings a couple of years ago and upgraded the ski this spring... almost went with a Senate C but got a good deal on an HO S2 at the last minute. I'm also guessing that you got your new RS-1s off ski-it-again - I tried too - I guess you were quicker than I was (let me know if you don't like them, I'll buy them).

Anyhow, I'd lean to the 67 on the Senate C. The 65 will feel most at home in the short run, but in the long run, the 67 will discourage you from hooking turns, will probably help get you out early, and will support you more at lower speeds. If you were running 35 off, I'd probably lean the other way.

• Baller
Thanks andjules. I missed out on them too. After 2nd email they finally replied they were sold. So you think at the longer line length the 67 would be better? After being on a 66 kd 7000 and going to a 67 senate I was thinking it would feel like a boat. The 65 senate c is supposed to have as much surface area as my 66. So I could imagine how much the 67 would have. How do you like the s2? With the season coming to an end here in Illinois. I think I will leave my options open on a 34 mph ski. That way I will have till next season to find a killer deal. I will start looking up comparisons on 34 mph skis

• Baller
Being torn on having to chose between a 65 or 67 senate I started researching 34 mph skis that come in a 66 I just found on ebay a 2011 new 66 HO syndicate s1 blank $399 or best offer. $24 shipping. Which seems like a good price. Had 7 available. From reviews I have found seems like it would be a good ski for me. Found reviews here on the s2 but none on the s1. Any opinions on this ski