Eagle Dry Suit

LZywicki1

• Baller

Just did my own little unboxing of my own and found a new Eagle Drysuit. To early to use but a great birthday gift from my wife. :)

Question on the fit. (I've had 3 other baggy suits that have all been mediums.)

Is there any trick to putting a front zip on compared to a back zip suit. Things seem to get a little tight in the crotch when putting my head into the suit to get it through the neck seal. Is this normal? Once on, it seems to fit fine, not quite as baggy as the others. I would think that's better, less material to flap around after burping it. Looking at the size chart going to a large the chest and waist look like it would be way to big.

5'9" 140lbs 30" waist 37" chest 31" inseam

Larry -----<|

• Baller

Nice wife you've got. I haven't pulled my Eagle drysuit back out yet, so I had to think about this, but...after putting legs in, I find it easiest to first pull suit up tight to underside of crotch, then put on in this order....left arm, head, then finally right arm. Take it off by first removing right arm.

Or to simplify, Right arm on last....off first. I've actually considered writing this in sharpie inside of mine as a reminder. I do have to tuck my (ginormous) head a bit to get it in the seal. Periodic silicone spraying of the seal speeds the process.

Hope this helps.

• Baller
@davemac so what I'm hearing is that your voice could get a little higher when getting your head into the suit, (take is that is from it being a front zipper). Other then that how do you like the suit? My last suit was a Bare and before that a Stay Dry.

Larry -----<|

• Baller

I've been very happy w/ the suit. My daughter has one as well. No problems w/ either of them. Very lightweight material that almost seems to breathe...but not leak. As far as Baggy suits go, the front zipper is convenient. I do like the neoprene neck seal of the O'Neill Boost though.

As you know, taking proper care of them is important. I picked up a drysuit "care kit" from Adrenalinewatersports. For <$20 you get zipper wax, silicone spray, and a huge ziploc bag for storage. Hang to dry and keep it out of the sun.

I must admit, I'm delaying drysuit season a bit this year...expecting delivery of a camaro blactec full suit tomorrow. Can't say enough about the performance of their shorty.