This is not how it is done!

Horton

• Baller

Looks more like a canal than a private lake. If the boat is ONLY used on a private lake, it may not need registration. But that Ball of Spray sticker is eerily close to where the ID numbers should be.

If this boat really did run up on the dock, it would seem that there should be more than just the little brown mark on the front of the hull. Unless there was a ramp of some sort that it went over. Either way - OUCH!

• Baller_
I am going to go with mechanical failure on this one. Steering cable or throttle - something that gave the driver very little time to react. Also, I have to believe the speed was not exceptionally high. Otherwise, the boat would have cleared the dock and landed back in the water or up on the seawall.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller

I've pulled various throttles back with my knee when I go to adjust my position but so far haven't bumped one forward yet....thankfully.

Very curious to hear the real story from those who do know. We've all made dumb mistakes...some are just more unlucky than others.

• Baller

Short story is owners are out of town and parents are staying at house taking care of their grandson. They go to take boat out on lake and next thing grandpa knows is boat is on dock. So thought is probably bumped or pushed throttle too hard causig boat to ramp up on dock. Boat suffed minor fiberglass damage, broken scag and cracked corner piece of windshield. Insurance is covering boat damage and the hope is homeowners covers dock. They got it off the dock by taking off scags and turning it around. They then winched it off. It was then driven under its own power to boat launnch. It is getting repaired now.

The good part is nobody was hurt and everything broken can be repaired. As you can imagine grandpa feels horrible about it.......OF