Did you learn anything this year?

Horton

• Baller

Totally agree with @razorskier1. If I'm not learning how to be better, I'd probably stop.

My technique has greatly improved. I also learned stock fin settings really are best until you start getting into the shorter line lengths. Tiny changes do matter and you really need to figure out how your ski company measures your ski's fin. Rotating my front boot really helped me feel more comfortable on my offside. Palm protectors under my gloves has been the best modification to my gear all year. I've skied so much more this year because my hands weren't destroyed.

• Baller

Always learning and unfortunately, relearning. I always start out every year with very few and simple "must do" thoughts and ski relatively well early on. My season then usually devolves into trying to figure out which of the many moving targets is most important to focus on. By the end of my season I'm usually back to understanding how to keep it simple and what really are the must do's for me.

One thing I learned this year is to not neglect my equipment setup by only focusing on myself and my technique. I always think every mistake can be fixed by working on me, when in fact I've learned that my setup can always be improved/maximized to work its best. Sometimes I come up with band-aid fixes in technique that are really compensating for something my equipment is not doing very well. I will still always work on me, but now I'll make sure there's not something I can change in my setup to help out.

• Baller

Three things...

1. My Achilles tendon healed great, yea.

2. What @OB said for time on the water - and mine has been way too little.

3. And, seaweed sux. Fixing that now, which will fix number 2

OK, 4 things - I need to get to WSA more often!

• Baller_

Video in slow mo tells the real story. Even if you "feel" like you had that one thing finally locked into muscle memory. So basically video hurts my feelings but it's worth it.

Straight legged into 135 well before the ball is a hard habit to break.

• Members

1). Technique and rhythm are more important to focus on to me than ball count

2.) easier to learn at -28 than -22 or -15

3.) I should of bought a Strada at the beginning of the season instead of in the last month.

4.) living on a man made ski lake is priceless

5.) living next to @MS has a price.......and that price is ski ski ski ski ski ski ski ski ski ski rain or shine, Hurtin or healed.

6.) getting your kids involved with watersports............also priceless

7.) There are not enough summer days and never will be.

I learn something new every time I ski. Sometimes I learn more about how to retain what I previously learned, if that makes sense. Most importantly, this season I learned the following.

1. Handle low at the hips at all times, hips forward.

2. Stop pulling past the first wake.

3. Zero ball! No drifting.

4. Cold water makes the ski do goofy things.

I learned more, but 1-3 are most important to me right now.

• Baller

Yes.

From Jodi Fisher I learned to work on my body alignment and get wider at the gates.

Parker Staver helped me with my edge change timing, initiating the turn earlier and had me drop my 15 off pass.

Focus on a couple of key items that help my skiing, don't try and focus on too much each pass.

Video helps me see what I'm actually doing vs. what I think I'm doing (I swear I look like Chris Parish until I see video).

Slow down early season, you don't have to PB on day 1, save the body a bit.