Moving from a Nano One with inserts to an XT with inserts? Heads up ...

SkiJay

• Baller

Just in case you've assumed that your bindings will mount on the XT using the same bolt holes you were using on your Nano One, you'd better get out the tape measure and confirm. The inserts in my new Nano One XT are installed 3/16" further back on the ski than they were on my previous Nano One.

In addition, the factory recommendation for the XT is that the bindings be 1/16 further forward than on the Nano One. So if you've used the same holes on your XT as you did on your One, then your bindings are 5/16ths further back than recommended, or 3/16ths outside of the maximum range recommended by Goode.

Never assume, always measure.

• Administrators

@JaySki

Few oz.

If someone does not announce a product soon I am going to give up and just show everyone the prototype I am using.

• Administrators

There are extra cut outs in this plate. That is not part of the design.

1/10th of an inch adjust. Is the idea. I am begging someone to make this a product to sell to everyone.

• Baller

@Horton @SkiJay @acmx @ral @woolly110 @jayski @skihart @ob @webbdawg99

I have a prototype on my ski at the moment an I am finalizing production this week and I should have a release up as soon as I can sit down to write it.

It is a bit different than the one in @Hortons photo but with a much simpler attachment method. @E_T and myself have spent a lot of time into the design and testing. We are pretty excited to bring this product to market.

I showed it to KC this weekend and he was interested in it as well

• Administrators
As I have hinted (Sorry @MattP) more than one Baller is working to bring this to market. My driver is to get it out there. I think it is critical for ski set up that we are able to move our bindings by a small distance.

• Baller
"to be able to move our bindings a small distance"... and have it stay put. I would buy a set for that purpose. Teammalibu's plate is slotted throughout which makes it infinitely adjustable. Problem is that it can move on you. I have put non-skid rubber made for boat steps under my plate which seems to do the trick, but I would rather be able to lock it down. Will probably get a set for me and the wife.

• Baller
@horton or @mattp Between me, T and Super C we will take 5. Let me know the cost. If not I guess I will have to get the Bridgeport out of storage, but that means momma can't park in the garage anymore. Makes me angry I'm out of space. Could blast out that piece in no time.

• Baller
Horton is right i def need to make a set today i had to slot the front plate to get the boot in the right spot on my xt and it wont stay no matter how much i tighten the screws!! some body needs to make these on a cnc and sell them for cheap. lose money on every set and make it up on volume!!

• Baller
@teammalibu I had to do the same thing on SC's front plate for her new XT and have the same problem. Even with the foam pad underneath the plate it is moving. Hard to get the settings dialed in when I can't get the plate to stay.

• Baller

Slightly off subject @Horton I have the method for getting the binding anywhere you want, it involves "POLYMORPH" a white nylon type plastic which melts in water at boiling point, it comes in a bag of little white balls, you melt the quantity that you want, with the binding plate on a flat surface you push the melted nylon into the slot of the binding plate and press the surplus flat, across the top of the plate and then trim when it has gone cold, what you end up with, is like a plastic washer with a raised bit which fits into the slot on the binding plated, drill the hole in the desired place the raised bit which goes into the binding plate slot prevents the plate moving, make lots of washers and drill then 1/16" difference to give you lots of choices.

PLEASE NOTE : you will have to elongate the binding plate holes you normally use to place screws in those positions.

Will try to post piccys of said washer

I still like polymorph it cannot slip or jump teeth