Dave Goode

ForrestGump

• Baller
I have to say my opinion is changing on Goode skis after being around Dave Goode a few times this year. Dave flew in for the Cottonwood record this weekend. I sat there and watched him sit there in the sun personally setting up skis for people. And not just a few. He spent half the day setting up skis. He was genuinely interested in skiers thoughts. And not just the elite skiers on his product. But the Joe Blow skier. I would watch a skier go out on his ski, come back in, and hear Dave ask "Ok, so what did you feel? What did you like about it? What did you not like about it? We could do this. Or we could do that." I don't think people realize how valuable that is to the skier community. He also took care of a friend who had a warranty issue, no questions asked and very fairly offered him an upgrade to an XT for a very nominal price or a replacement N1 for $0.

I'll also back up the story. While setting up an XT for me to ride we discovered neither of us had enough dual lock to put on the ski. He worked just as hard to find enough to set it up a I did. In fact it was Dave who came across the dual lock first.

Granted he also took great care of his elite team members (which is the reason Regina was able to slalom and jump in two separate tournaments) but everyone, even folks not skiing on Goode skis, has as much of his time as they wanted.

• Baller
I was very impressed by what I saw also. I have never been on a Goode ski but what I witnessed may push me to try one. In addition to Mr. Goode tuning fins I have to say that I have never seen so many skiers tuning their skis every single round. I know I saw 10 guys tweaking at one time during a round. The clear majority of skis there were Goode's. Couple Mapples, couple D3's, couple Warp's, a Prophecy, and a Razor.

• Baller
@thager -- so is that the secret??? I need to fiddle with my fin every round? Can't do it! Perhaps I should hire a fin-fiddler like @MS to follow me around and make changes as he sees fit! Never been on a Goode either -- nice to hear the level of support Dave gives to his skiers.

• Baller
@ Razorskier I don't know but it was like being in the pits at Indy with the crew tweaking everything they could out of their rides. MS did not touch his fin so as to not hurt @Hortons feelings. He's just too nice, sensitive and caring to do that. The Razor guy was there to provide entertainment only.

• Baller
I actually didn't think the number of skiers making changes was all that great. Not like some tournaments I've been to. I'm pretty sure that Dave Miller would change his fin between passes in a round if he could find a way to keep his calipers from getting wet.

• Administrators
It has taken me a number of years to get to know Dave and Dawn a little and they are pretty nice folks. Perhaps they are hard to get to know.

• Baller

I spent about 12 years exclusively on Goode skis. I have been on/off of Goode skis for the past few, but Dave and Dawn have always been polite and talkative. Of course if you are on his product there is a lot more to talk about.

I have posted before on how great I think it is that he is at so many tournaments. No only as a sponsor, but as a competitor. He is trying hard right now to qualify for the senior worlds. Pretty cool.

• Baller
I hate to take anyone's negative inventory on a public forum so I won't.As Scott just stated,I now have something to talk with Dave about. I am 5 sets into my 30 day trial relationship with the XT. Set 4 was a pb that I've been chasing for 2 years. I got the same attention from Steve Chez (pacific slalom )who is now a Goode rep. He set the ski up and helped coach as well. Thanks Dave and Steve

• Baller

The view from afar:

I have a Goode...I like it.

I have never had a problem with the ski, so I can't comment on customer service, and I have never met dave.

It seems to me that, at one time customer service and maybe even dave's demeaner have been sub-standard.

That said, it also appears that more recently, those issues have been addressed. In fact, it seems that currently things are beyond adequate and have improved impressively.

Only my 2 cents

• Baller
Quick question on expectations - the graphics on my new XT are crooked. The graphic at the tail is off center about 3/8". As a result the red stripes are noticeably uneven. Should this be considered satisfactory on a $2000 ski?

• Baller
One thing was confirmed for me is that if i want way more bouys out of my ski is let Dave Goode set it up and let Jones ride it!! I did miss a lot of skiing while spending time in the shop drilling this and slotting that but it was a great weekend! @MS how did you miss the last two beers in my fridge and what did you have me drinking that was some good !@##$

• Baller_

@teammalibu I did leave them but I told @skidawg they were in there so he may clean them out.

The good stuff was Harpoon IPA and the other was Torpedo IPA. Cant go wrong with both but you may have to stop in Texas to get it.