I wasted 10 years

jRoe

Ballers dont do as I did, been sking the coarse 18 years and I think I wasted the first 10 ... I mean i progressed as the years went... But with no coach, hand driving, bad speedo,bad drivers, no speed control and mainly bad form...I became a scraper, Speed control and the Internet changed the sport...I was able to study the sport to learn how to ski well.. Also going to ski events, getting involved makes one learn and want to improve..

Skier, study the sport and get around better skiers so you dont waste your summers.

I ran 150 35's this years... I need 38 ! I want more.

• Baller

@jRoe if you ran 150 35's, hang in there you will get your 38. One of my ski partners got his first 38 this year after 2 years of running almost all of his 35's. The years prior to that he was counting season 35 totals at something in the range of 20 per year. Now he's lost track of 35's b/c he runs 'em headwind, tailwind etc. Despite that he has only two 38's.

Before 2 yrs ago the most 38's I had run in a year was 2. Then last yr I ran 20 plus including one of twelve tourney rounds, and had tons of deep 38 in practice as well. This year ran about the same # as last yr...even though I think I'm incrementally better. The purple line is a booger, but if you run 35 that well and hang in there you will get thru the purple...then you will be deep and get thru again...then start to think you have it figured out only to get your a@# handed to you again for a while and fail miserably! Tough sport.

• Baller
38 is probably the pass that you need technique and a ski setup pretty close to optimum. Going to a pro who is also good at ski setup would be a big help if you feel you are struggling and shouldn't be.

• Baller

Thanks for the plug @matthewbrown.

@jroe it sounds like you are knocing at the door on 38. That's awesome. Cool sport when you can never be satisfied because we all constantly want that next buoy or that next pass. Keep charging at it. Would love to ski with you sometime.

I was at my last tournament of the year this weekend skied 1.5@38, 1.5@38 and 3.5@35... I wanted 3@38 didnt happen..

I'm hoping it does not take 5 or more years to learn -38... Im running out of years

Thanks for all the helpful ideas.