3 TSC1 Ski Nautiques with GT40’s For Sale in VT

vtjc

• Baller

These TSC 1 GT-40's are stacking up for sale in my area:

2000 SN

http://burlington.craigslist.org/boa/4432269472.html

http://www.ski-it-again.com/php/skiitagain.php?topic=Search&category=Comp_Boat&postid=27552

1997 SNOB:

http://burlington.craigslist.org/boa/4409310833.html

http://www.ski-it-again.com/php/skiitagain.php?topic=Search&category=Comp_Boat&postid=27439

The seller of the first two is active on the Planet Nautique forum: http://www.planetnautique.com/vb3/showthread.php?28464-Ski-Nautique-Values

2001 SN:

http://burlington.craigslist.org/boa/4412241758.html

I don’t know any of these sellers but know many people find these boats desirable. I would be happy to take a look at these boat for anybody from a distance.

I was interested in them, but my wife wants something newer and friend who recently hurt himself alpine skiing said I could run his MasterCraft 197 this summer.

Jamie

• Baller_
@rico REALLY ? 14.5K.? I really cant imagine mine being worth that and it's in great shape. Makes me feel better considering what I paid for it 10yrs ago. And at the same time depressed that I coulda snagged a 2001 Masters Green for 11.9K here in FL with a trailer and cover.

• Baller
Although this is certainly not the time of year to score a deal on a boat, those SN's are over-priced. I'm not saying they won't sell, but the new owner may not want to do a web search mid-summer, as the revised asking prices may result in some remorse. That Excal repowered ZO TSC1 Seal had was priced lower.

• Baller
Ski Boats in that part of the country are always a premium. If your willing to drive to get one,there will be cheaper prices out there. In the old days, SN dealers only sold new boats to their region, so the dealer mentioned above was always higher than most other regions.

• Baller_
When Looking at these older boats one needs to consider originality, rate the overall condition and total documented hours along with service records. GT-40's can not be scanned for overall logged hours like a MEFI can. the one boat that was re upholstered is way over priced. the low hour garage kept boat might pull the asking price. But yes overall these boats are above real value but then again in a deal driven world you can alway's come down and never go back up!

The guy in Vermont posted up on PN back in mid-march asking for guidance to which I responded with the below. Seems most on there thought I was off base. Looks like they are still for sale so maybe I wasn't that for off after all. Or maybe he just isn't that interested in actually selling them. Who knows. If I'm listing something for sale, I want to sell it, not sit on it.

"Take a look on onlyinboards.com and ski-it-again.com and see what they are listing at. Although listing is different than selling. Do you want to sit on them for a while and deal with a bunch of tire-kickers or do you want to get rid of them? If you want to sell them, my guess is that '97 will go in the neighborhood around $11-12k. The '00 probably about the same. The SNOB's are still commanding more money. 2000-01 boats have a little bit of a black eye because of the "N-swoop" graphic that very few people like, and the Teleflex digital gauge issue. I've got the Faria replacements in my '02 and while they do function, they don't function very well as far as accuracy goes. I've got PP Stargazer so I know the gps speedo on that is about as accurate as it gets.

I'd post them up on CL, onlyinboards, and SIA at a fair price and you should get plenty of action. Getting in to prime buying season now"

• Baller

I'll add to this from a buyers perspective. I'd been looking off and on at 196's, mostly in the '97-'02 year group, and almost anywhere east of the Rockies for the last couple years. I had no real need for a boat, so I wasn't in a rush to buy. Ideally my boat would have been a 2009 SN196, but I wasn't in that market, so I was looking at '97-'02s that were solid to mint condition closed bow 196s with preferrably Stargazer or a ZBox upgrade. The asking prices on these boats seemed to vary extensively from $9-$20K. I was willing/expecting to pay anywhere between $10-15K for the right boat in these year groups ('97-'99 up to $13K for a mint boat and up to $15K for a '00-'02).

I ended up with a 2001 SN196 repowered with Zero Off for close to my price range. So far I couldn't be happier. It skies awesome, and my only complaint is that everyone wants to ski behind my boat now! I owe some folks some pulls from the last few years, so it's all good I suppose.

@MrJones...Your boat looks great and is priced right. It was on my short list. The only thing some folks might have issue with are the hours. Personally I wasn't concerned about 1000hrs on a well kept GT-40, but most people's perception is that this is a high time motor. Good luck, and I'm sure someone will snatch it up from you soon. I had no idea how good these TSC1 hulls skied till I owned one.

I think @Onside135 is pretty much on the money. The deals are out there, you just have to find them. And it definitely is market driven as well. It's very subjective. Options, condition, etc will factor in as well. I see a ton of boats advertised with "new interior", only to see pictures that looked like their wife sewed it together in their garage. Or even a good interior job with skins that don't come close to resembling what came from the factory. IMO that will severely impact the price of the boat for me. I snatched up my minty fresh '02 TSC2 boat less than a year ago with all original, like-new interior, Stargazer w/ZBox, heater, and every other option offered except shower. Perfect gelcoat, and very nice Ramlin trailer, also with cover and bimini for $16.5k. He was asking $18.5k. Did I get a great deal? I dunno, but it was a good deal in my book. Right now getting into spring/summer the prices will obviously be higher as peak demand is now here. Best time to sell. And lots of buyers that don't mind paying higher prices so they can get on the water. Overall, the market will dictate the price but I am seeing a lot of TSC1 boats now in sub $10k range. NWZ hulls seem to be pretty comparable to the TSC1's which is surprising.

• Baller

@uflbret‌

That's more like it for a good price.

As far as NWZ hulls, they are most often under $10k nowdays. Paying over $10k for a '90-'93 would be insane, with just a quick web search. A later model with GT-40 could be the exception.

• Baller
@uflbret‌ can you pm the listings you are seeing for TSC1 boats that are sub 10K? I am looking for a boat and all of the ones up north are asking a premium price that I just don't think they are worth. Thank you for your help in advance.

• Baller
Seller is smokin' some good stuff. I've got a 2000 196 w/GT40 in mint condition with less hours and would feel fortunate to get $15K...reality check probably somewhat less. There are a number of ridiculously over-priced boats out there...sometimes I'm tempted to send them a message saying something like good luck...are you kidding me?

the 97-99's are some of the most highly sought after boats to this day due to the whole package- hull design, motor, bubble butt styling and graphics. the 97-99 graphics are virtually identical and are a classic timeless look. nautique didn't repeat them until 2006? the 2000 era boats did have early years with the same styling and bubble rear end, but just didn't look nearly as nice.

plus, the significantly increased prices of new boats is a large contributor to a strong used market. i priced out a new cb200 the way i wanted it and it's a clean C-note.

• Baller

One can buy a 97-99 for under $14k all day long, but I do agree they are somewhat sought after. I say somewhat because most people who would search for a slalom boat, also prefer having ZO.

@yardsale‌

Any dealer wanting that kind of scratch for a 200CB, regardless of options, is insane.

• Baller

The rear seat is out of my 2000 SN. I don't love the "N" but who cares in your slalom tug? It's minimized on mine with the all white and just a thin black pinstripe N.

The main issue as I would see it is ZO. Otherwise fantastic wake/tracking/power for low price. Like the bubble butt or not...it NEVER snags the rope especially with that tapered ski platform. Adjustable rudder is great, too. Digital electronic guages stink (don't care with speed control), touch pad start without all the fuse buttons is a positive. Great value boat and could also do SG w/dialed z-box. Very close to the real deal and latest greatest at a fraction of the cost.

• Baller

@onside135 when I bought it was based on hours/condition/ski tug only, but thought in pics pre-purchase it looked pretty bland (newspaper boat)...my "other" boat is an old school centurion with 5 color in the mold gel coat! In person to pick it up was like wow, that looks really cool. Still think so today every time I see it...especially in the water. Clean lines, sharp, easy maintenance, great ski boat.

I do think the "N" outlined in pinstripe rather than colored in regardless of color could be very cool. I like the black cuz it matches rub-rail, lettering, windshield frame, trailer, dash...all ties together.

• Baller_
Was thinking about the N the other day and how amazing raps for vehicles have become. Just a couple small areas to fill in the N and you basically have what was done to the graphic after the N. Couldn't be that much in the way of $$ being 4 small fill in pieces. Can't be that hard to install for the same reason. Could be wrong on both counts. But if I could snag a redicoulasly low cost N SN (missed one here in Otown) it's what I would try and do. But not to @6balls. His looks good as is.

i think age of them helps too. in theory, a newer boat (same model) should be higher value. between those years there wasn't much difference from a 97 to an 03 or 04, so why not save a few thousand and go with a well kept 97 versus a well kept 02?

therefore, less expensive boat with same performance is more highly sought after.

on another note with boat graphics, it's unfortunate it's rarely done correctly from the factory. all brands. the neon green or orange stuff, metalflake, i just don't understand that. especially when you're forking over 6 figures plus for some of these rides. a guy drops 135k on a new G, and it looks like a flippin circus? maybe i'm the outcast on that but the timeless classic looks/graphics are the ones that hold value and have better appeal.

my buddy restored his 77 nautique. all white with simple red "nautique" on the side. that's a home run.

i have a 97 with white a white hull, purple main stripe, and a sky blue stripe above the purple on the side. i've been thinking if i repainted that boat, go all white hull with the single purple stripe, leave the rest of the boat white and replace the ski nautique letters on the side.

simple, classic.

@yardsale there were significant changes in '02 (first year of TSC2 hull) which make it totally different than its TSC1 predecessor. Interior space between the gunnels was improved due to removing the interior gunnel steps, got a trunk behind the stern seat. Wetted surface of the hull changed pretty significantly as well. It's like comparing a NWZ hull to a TSC1 hull. They are in different categories, therefore will be priced differently as well, with a TSC2 hull commanding more money than a similarly kept TSC1, because it is a better boat, not just because it is newer.

• Baller_
@ufbret.. I could not disagree more. The hull on the 97-01 (not BSing but especially 97) is hands down the best hull ever made long to short line. Damn close anyway. Changes IMHO in 02 went the way needing to keep up with the "trunk" trend. And yes, yes I am biased. But, been a long time friend of a long time ski coach who has used SN for decades. "97 best hull".. his words. Can you imagine the upswing in cost for those years if ZO was all of the sudden an option.. May I just say the judge that made that stupid decision to split up cruise systems like that was a complete tool.

• Baller

From behind the boat I can't tell the difference between my buddies '97 and my '00 from 28 into 39. I like my non-fuse box dash better, and mine drives nicer because I take care of it, have appropriate rudder torque, a new steering cable, fresh grease in the rudder packing etc. His boat is pretty thrashed...but skis nice. Steering sloppy.

For some reason his GT-40 is stronger than mine...though may be prop issue have not looked into it as neither are lacking.

As a driving boat, I have driven some EXCELLENT TSC3's with the 343 and ZO. Probably my next swamp boat...but for now enjoying the TSC1.

• Baller
@easttxskier that sure is a nice one, just like your old 92 MC. I'm partial to resale red too. Here's our well priced boat in New England. I think it's the nicest boat around in this vintage and price range. A little sad to let it go but it's time for us to transition to the next phase of life, 2 and possibly 3 kids in college soon. We used it very little the past two summers. http://www.ski-it-again.com/php/skiitagain.php?topic=Search&category=Comp_Boat&postid=19767

That boat is a beaute. Classic color combo, really like the white on top and bottom.

Ah- the trunk boats were 02? I'm not a fan of the square rear end, although I'm sure the space is handy. Just not my style.

Rockdog, no offense taken. I've had my 97 for 15 years. Flirting with making her new again. New gel coat, carpet, upholstery. The whole bang.