OB4 used/resale/trial?

Than_Bogan

• Supporting Member

I'm pretty interested in trying out an OB4 system, but I'm fairly pessimistic that it's actually going to feel right for me because I had a completely failed experiment with hard shells some years ago.

So I'm trying to think of some way to give this a try without breaking the bank. I fairly directly asked OB4 about a trial, and while I got detailed answers to most of my questions, I got no response to the trial idea, so I am assuming they are not currently doing trials. (And I can't fault them at all -- I wouldn't be offering a trial in their situation either.)

But maybe some third party does? H2osmosis has sometimes done things like that for me.

Or what about the secondary market? Could I pick up a used one somewhere and/or resell mine if it doesn't work out? I don't see a single one on Ski-It-Again, so it's hard to guess at that option.

Other clever ideas?

• Administrators
@Than_Bogan‌ I would not give you a trial either. You have already stated that you struggle with hard shells. OB4 is a premium release product that uses off the shelf hard shells... if you already don't like hard shells it seems like a poor bet that you're going to keep the system

• Supporting Member

@Horton. Yep. But I prefer to be honest.

But perhaps I should have mentioned why I want to try this at all! I got a chance to try on some of the rollerblades that OB4 offers as an option. They are very different from the hard shells I tried (old Fogmans). They flex front/back very easily. The lateral flex is much stiffer, but the boot does still bend laterally.

That sorta seems like the combination of characteristics that I love about my T-Factors.

I don't think the odds are much better than 50-50, but this gave me some hope. And I personally feel an OB4 system would be non-trivially safer than my dual-boot T-Factor setup. So if my performance were even equal, I'd be willing to shell out the cash for the OB4s.

• Baller
@Than_Bogan I would assume that being able to pick up a used OB4 system anytime soon would be about as easy as finding a Vapor with a handful of sets on it. Are you currently in rubber boots? If not, bolt up your current setup to an OB4 system and run with it.

• Baller
@Than_Bogan‌ , come to Whitestone and we will get you on a set to try out... We have not established a trial program at this point, but we will discuss it at the next BOD meeting. We will be at numerous water ski events this summer, including Nationals.

Mike's Overall Binding

USA Water Ski  Senior Judge   Senior Driver   Senior Tech Controller