Some constructive criticism

DmaxJC_ski

• Baller

So here it is end o July and I have just skied my 2nd set of the year... Pathetic yes I know but it comes with living in Alberta and workin in the oilfield, this is a 15 off at 32mph, I have trouble with slowing down prior to turning in for the gates ad getting slack because of it, also have trouble with elbows in hands down, bad habits from free skiing for a lot if years, I can get through 22 @34 mph once I get skiing more, I would really like to get to 28 and even 32 at some point. Thanks and don't rip me up too bad!

• Baller

@DmaxJC_ski‌ @jayski‌ - Ok, wow. So there are more people on here from the northern Alberta area than I knew! Really cool.

Looks like that was a great day!

I'll leave the skiing critique to someone with a better eye than me.

• Baller
by the audio of the video Ken Seemed to love 2, 3, 4, and 5. and ill agree with Jay. Shalom Park is awesome. my advice for the pullout/gate is keep your hips pointed slightly towards the left hand shoreline and it will help keep the line tight, and then use first and second gear on the turn-in instead of jumping right to third gear. but i am a 2 handed gate so maybe someone else has better insight for a one handed gate

• Baller

Think arms straight and lean away from the boat in a tall proud position. That doesn't mean stand upright in a tall proud position. Freeze when you are right behind the boat and do not come up out of the lean. It is helpful to hold the handle lower to the water as you go into the turns, and ski your outside hip around to the handle, merely grab ahold and lean away (not back).

You will be amazed at how easy all of this becomes.