BallOfSpray Centurion was a hit at Western Regionals. Now Orange Crush is going to Eastern Regionals

Horton

• Supporting Member

Ok, time for me to flog my dead horse: When will the boat builder on their website be updated to have even a vague correspondence to the actual color schemes available?

I can't imagine that The Boss would approve any new boat without being able to see the approximate look of any given color scheme!

What am I missing? How can it possibly be good business to NOT have the ability to play with and print out potential boat looks?

• Baller_
I LOVED Orange Crush as a kid. Recently rediscovered it in a different form. With that being my favorite color as well, I could really see myself owning that boat..drinks as part of the package of course.

• Baller_
Dang it !!!! @Kelvin‌ ... Now I have no chance of ever owning the Orange Crush. My Gator loving (obsessed) wife will have nothing to do with a Vols color scheme. Still drinking the orange floats though.

@Than_Bogan‌, I know exactly what you mean about the web sight "build your boat" color scheme problem, which I noticed a few months ago. I think the root of the problem is that there are only 3 hull area check boxes to the left in the build your boat section, where there should be 4 or 5 to get the process right. I hope the management works on that, regarding the web sight. I skied behind the carbon pro during my lessons at broho, and it's a wonderful slalom boat with I think a smaller wake than my s/n 196. It's beautiful also.

• Supporting Member
@bogboy Yep. The truth is I'm not buying one in the next couple of years anyhow, but I think it's quite likely I will someday. And that leads to the key point I am so baffled by: Shouldn't Centurion be doing everything in their power to accelerate my timetable? Wouldn't being able to print out cool-looking boats to share with my family be the single largest impact-per-dollar-spent way to do so??

• Baller

@bishop8950 tell us more. At what line lengths is the CP better and how? Tracking? Site lines? Quality?

My next swamp boat will either be a newer (than I have) 196 with ZO or a CP. Going from one to the next I trust you can give a great comparison that would be much appreciated.

• Baller

Our club has a wide range of skier abilities and we all went through a pretty thorough process to select our new boat replacing a 196 that we put 2,500hrs on. We loved that boat but it was time for a new one. The 196 is a tough standard to beat and in my opinion may be the best all around ski boat ever made.

For the new boat we thought about wakes, driving, resale, reliability, purchase price etc. We drove and skied the major brands and when all factors were considered we had a nearly unanimous vote for the Carbon Pro.

For the wakes, the testing feedback said it was as good or better than the 196. I skied it from 28mph 15off and into 41 (not in the same set) and liked it everywhere. Some of our longer line skiers like the CP wakes better than the 196. One skier noticed the CP wake at 22 is significant better. Her injured ankle is the tell tale metric. At my line lengths of 32 to 41 I find the wakes very comperable to the 196.

The boat is nimble to drive like a tight sports car. You can put it exactly where you want it. Some of the feedback said it requires more driver input and it does, but not a lot more than the 196. We are a few weeks into owning it and everyone seems to have adjusted fine.

For fit and finish, some said its right there with the top brands and others said it was lacking a bit. It looks great to me.

For reliability, it had 400hrs on it when we bought it and it looked like new. The previous owners had no issues in the first 400hrs. Watch this space because we run about 500hrs a season so we will find out soon enough how she holds up.

For price, it's a great value. Our club felt it couldn't be beat from a value perspective

I should add that this is all from a slalom perspective. I am with @horton in that its hard to do a boat review but I hope this helps.

• Baller
@bishop8950‌ what year is your CP? We've got a 13 with over 700 hrs. We've had a couple minor issues, all I consider maint. Blower motor and the water pump pulley. We went through the same process when choosing a club boat. Couldn't justify the extra $10 - $15K for a SN. Doesn't drive quite like a 200, but after pulling a couple skiers you can adjust fine.

• Baller

@horton I took my first knee board ride in 20yrs side by side with my son. Most fun I have had behind the boat all season.

Our club is an awesome mix of family skiing. We have a girl that just learned the course. 4 yr olds tubing, knee boarding and skiing. Plenty of tube rides. Occasional trick, footing and air chair appearances. And slalom nuts from 15 to 41. And they all like this boat!