Water Ski Movie

• Baller
I'd be bored after 5-10 minutes...maybe 20 minutes if there is a lot of different stuff. Even webcast tournaments, I'm typically doing other things on the computer until I hear the boat coming back or the commentators say something about coming back to the course.

• Administrators

What I would like to see around here is 3 or 4 passes from the Ballers that post a lot. Everyone must be sick of seeing video of my skiing.

How about a few passes from

@Chef23‌

@Than_Bogan‌

@gregy‌

@MattP‌

@AB‌

@OB‌

@Wish‌

@BraceMaker‌

@6balls‌

@Razorskier1‌

@gator1‌

@SkiJay‌ or @jayski‌ (same person)

@jimbrake‌

• Baller_

I have two video cameras at the ready. This is gonna be fun!!

For @Horton‌. Ski vids:

Sorry about the quality. Did not know Vimeo made you pay for HD... Vids are last summer. Have not done any filming this summer. 32-35-38 -35. I have since changed settings and changed a lot of my gate set up. The 32; sometimes we skip the end gates at earlier passes to turn the boat early for a better set up next pass..not always..but sometimes.

https://vimeo.com/103428196

https://vimeo.com/103426699

https://vimeo.com/103426818

https://vimeo.com/103426905

Here's a plot. The world is coming to an end. The only man that can save the planet is the worlds best skier. To save the planet he must prove to the god of water that he is worthy of the secret power. Many of man has tried to unlock the secret but no man has been up to the challenge of the course, until now!

• Baller

@Wish good skiing. I think I am probably the worst skier of the bunch by a pretty fair margin in that list. I have a tournament PB of 4@35 and practice of 1@38 but that was last year I am in a full season funk. I just have a lot to say on pretty much any topic.

I don't find the GoPro that good for coaching because you are so far from the boat.

Something that I think would be cool from a video perspective is a video of different skiers at different levels with coaching from a pro coach. We might all be able to pick up some things that might help us from that.

I am not sure if this is turning into a video thread but here are a couple of me. I am always open to coaching and not proud.

A few weeks ago on the D3 Helix with bad fin settings:

Last week on the Nano 1:

• Supporting Member

I am a serious luddite when it comes to video. I doubt I even average one videoed session a year, and I certainly have no clue how to edit anything.

Actually, I think I posted both of the last two times I was videoed: In late 2012 for a Goode promo and in mid 2013 by Barak (aka Gal/Dar/Shia's dad).

I'll post again if I ever get more. It hurts to watch yourself on video, but is super-educational.

• Baller

@Than_Bogan remind me next time we are out together and I will bring a video camera and throw something together. Now that I know what I am doing it only takes me about 10 minutes to edit the video together.

I always felt the same way as you guys about video particularly my golf swing. I feel like I swing like Tiger and it isn't nearly that good.

• Baller

@jayski‌ is also better looking, a fraction of my age, and skis better at tournaments than I do in practice . . . but I guess I'd say that about my alter ego anyway.

Here's today's practice video. It's not my best skiing, but today was a kind of fun and fitness day and it went how it went. It's my 8th straight day of two sets per day so I am a little knackered, and it was my second set trying something with .025" more fin length than stock which messed with me a little, but it's still representative enough. (There, I think I've hit on most of my excuses for not looking more like Chris Parrish.) Oh yeah, I've stopped going after -35 while my shoulder heals, so I just ran a -28, -32, and a couple of -35 gates, ending with an easy narrow shadowed -35.

http://youtu.be/QIuNZ3lxwbg

The Secret Spot is about the most rewatchable skiing video I have seen. It's a shame they never released it on BluRay since it was shot in 1080. They did a good job at having a driving theme (I don't know that I'd call it a plot) into the movie. The buoy segments are limited, but I got my fill.

As for Warren Miller, there was a segment in one of the later movies shot at Ski Paradise many moons ago. But to do a Warren Miller movie, you need him doing voice overs, and that's just not legally possible anymore, sadly.

“If at first you don’t succeed, failure may be your thing.”

“On the other hand, you have different fingers.”

“They say its always darkest before the dawn. So if your going to steal your neighbor's newspaper, that's the time to do it.”

“If your parents didn’t have children, odds are you won’t either”

"You want your skis? Go get 'em!"

And, of course,

“If you don't do it this year, you will be one year older when you do.”

-Warren Miller

@Chef23‌ I have been there. It's nice. But it's a little brackish to be honest. Not to mention, there are smoother waters in Texas.

Er, huh, I mean there is no good water in Texas.

But, in all seriousness, if you want lodging info and channel maps for the Brazos, I'm happy to send it to you.