2014 Big Dawg Finals Prelim Scores

Dirt

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Supporting Member

This is as good a place as any to mention that The Goode Bracket Challenge could come down to Jay Leach vs. Jed Blackburn this month, as that matchup is the only difference between two of the three currently-perfect brackets.

BoS regular @tbrenchley needs Jay Leach to hold to his favorite status. Looks like Jay missed -38 in the first round -- probably just trying to make @tbrenchley nervous before posting a monster score!

• Baller

It doesnt feel like an easy place to ski. The water is different and takes some figuring out. Mad respect to guys like Badal that get er done no matter what.

Watching Mapple blast down 41 was awesome. As he finished I realized it meant I will get him in the first round. Thanks @horton for the pep talk, I agree, it will be one of the best rounds of my life no matter what happens. This said, I am going as deep as I can!!

The code has been broken. Last year, as the runner-up was pulling out for his last pass, the ball field lights near the lake went out completely, drastically changing the lighting on the course. No chance it didn't affect him. No re-ride. No drama. Congratulated the winner and went home.

• Baller
That why judges make the big money. Seriously, you have to determine if someone asks for a reride they actually detrimental conditions that no one else had. Or at least in a head to head, that the other skier had. I don't see what else can be done now that the event judges allowed a reride. Once that is done the results of the reride should stand. That why rerides should not be granted lightly, and I'm that it wasn't.

• Baller
@rico, I really don't care either way. I just find it amusing how spun up some people are getting. My ski partner was a BD participant, talked to him for a few minutes while this was all going on and the general crowd sentiment is "this is F'd up as a football bat". He also mentioned something about monkeys and footballs.

• Baller
Sometimes when a fiasco is apparent, there are people who want to be above the fray and not be involved. Just walk away and let those who initiated the fiasco live with it. I'd like to think that what Andy is doing, that is if he did leave.