38 @ 38 - POST YOUR GOALS FOR THE COMING YEAR

GOODESkier

• Baller

Been a GREAT summer for me on and off the water. I started running 38 in practice in May and have probably run 30+ of them this season, BUT....... I have yet to run it in a tournament. I keep blowing up in my head and rushing something or just flat out not being patient enough during the tournament to make one go down. Have made it through 5@38 in a tournament, but most of my scores are around 2-3@38. Of which, most of them have good enough gates and 1 balls to run the pass, here is my head again......

My goal for this fall (5 tournament rounds left for me) and this winter (when I get to ski in CA) is to conquer this 38 loop at 38 years of age. So that gives me all next summer to hash out the cruel details of running it in a tournament. Be looking for 39.5@39 next year (I HOPE). Thanks to everyone that has helped me get to this point!

POST YOUR GOAL BELOW!

• Baller

I always wanted to run 35 before i turn 50.

Turned 50 last July and ran 3.5 on my 50 th birthday.

My goal has change to ''while'' i'm 50 giving me until next July.

Ran 4.5 to tied my PB on thuesday...

Season's not over,still some hope for this year!

My ski finish in 16.95 but my ass is out of tolerance!

• Baller
Andre, I turned 50 this year and just started running 35'......I worked out 5-6 days a week over the winter to make sure I had the strength and conditioning to run the line. Then during ski season I really started working on technique through the course. I'm running 35' about 35-45 percent of the time, but most of my practice sets are at 28' and 32'. I've seen 38' more times in tournaments this year than in practice......Don't give up your goal. Age is not a limiting factor.

• Baller
My goal is to run -35 by the end of the year. I've already been to 4 ball with only a handful of shots at it. I just need to let my body come through into the stack a little better at the turn and I can run it. I'm going to get stronger over the winter and hope to run -35 in some tournaments next year!

• Baller
Take more video... I've been stuck for the majority of the summer in the same spot...if I had more video of myself, I could easily course correct....I will also be thankful that I get to ski whenever I want to....as a kid, that was always my mental picture of livin' the dream....Actually livin' it is even better than I thought it would be

• Baller
Get my girls skiing and introduce my 1 month old to the water/beach/boat. For my wife to get back in the course and start running 22 and 28 off. For me, ski more. Didn't ski the whole month of August which was brutal. Hopefully run 32 more and get farther into 35. A whole new ballgame at 35.......

• Baller
I've reached my goal for the season, which was to run 35 again. Although I haven't skied more than once every two weeks, I've been able to run it every set sInce getting on the magic ski, D3 Quest. I guess my new goal would be to run it off the dock more frequently and start chipping away @ 38

• Baller
Ran my first tournament 35 at 36 this year. Only goal left for this summer will be moved to next summer. Get 4 at 38. Turned three a couple of times this year but haven't gotten. A full 4 yet. Start crossit and the gym to hopefully be in better shape at the start of next season. My lake drains October 1 for dam work.

• Baller
I did have some goals for this summer. With a late start (didn't ski until May), it is the first time I've tracked passes because I felt tracking was a way to measure my progress. I set out two primary goals. One, to run -38 more than 20 times this summer. Check -- so far I've run it 50 times. Two, increase consistency at -38. Check -- while I don't have stats from last year, no question I'm more consistent this year. For the summer I'm at almost 50%, and for the last month closer to 75%. Three, run -39 at least once in practice or tournament. No check. Still some time left and maybe the new Mapple T will make it happen. Best score 3.5 at 39 so far. Probably will set new goals next year that will revolve around continued improvement at -38 and, once again, running -39.

• Baller
I've never set ski performance goals, but perhaps I should. 2013 I ran 35 seven times. This year, so far I've run 35 nine times. Both years I've had a bunch of the "worst scores ever", 5 or 5.5. So, with consistent use of video projected for 2015, I have a goal of 20 35 offs.

• Baller
Update.... I got my first tournament PB at the BIG DAWG BROHO this past weekend. Ran my first TOURNAMENT 38 and got 2@39.5! My goal of 38 at 38 was realized! RECORD TOURNAMENT with all the people that have helped me along the was standing on the shore and skiing with me! Thanks @richarddoane for helping bring the BIG DAWG to BROHO! Another PB for me at BROHO!

• Baller

Great stuff @GOODESkier. I got my

goal last season of running 38@34 mph in a rated tournament, next season run 38@36mph. Also hope to see the wife run full course at whichever speed she likes, see our boy shorten @34 mph and our daughter (3) be towed on skis. Looks like a busy summer!

• Baller
Running 15 off for first time is a big deal. Don't sell yourself short. Free skiing is all about the big turns and spray , once you try a course for the first time you realize it isn't as easy as it looks , and is more about getting from side to side rather than the turn. You are the future of this sport that is often discussed on this forum. The seed is planted , you will most likely upgrade from your I/O to an inboard as the rush of running the course starts to get greater and greater. Enjoy the journey !

If I'm the future of the sport...we are in trouble!

Seriously though, I'm realizing all those things right now as I've just started making attempts at the course and taken my first lessons. Boat upgrades are being discussed as well! I'm in love w buoys. There could be worse things, right?

• Baller
Much worse.... Something tells me that in the future I will see a thread with a budget and needs for a different boat for you and your crew. Not knocking your boat , but just won't quite fit your new needs. Welcome aboard.