One of the coolest water ski photos I have ever taken

Horton

• Baller_

@AB, I'd say he is just about sitting on that buoy on the onside turn.

@Horton, if that had been his sponsoring boat company, that photo would be in their ad for sure. Awesome! Maybe D3 would want it. Either way, it is definitely ad-worthy.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller

Can we now stop the babble about not getting too much angle, light on the line, blah blah blah....

Nate puts so much load on the line its ridculous.. I know this is 41, but even at 32 off, he comes down on a turn edge after or on top of the second wake.

• Baller_
Freeze frame him sometime in a vid right before the tip of his ski makes it to the centerline going through the gates. +1 for what @AB said....massive load. Nothing light about it. It's just in the right spot with the perfect duration.

• Baller

Said it a 100 times.... I don't think Nate smith is human!! That sick pic right there puts that much more confirmation into my theory... Nice work @Horton‌. I ski at shalom park near Edmonton and Ken Nelson the owner of the site was able to ride in on some

Practice sets of Nates prior to the California pro am, he told me it was incredible.

• Baller

I was actually talking with Chad about that pic this weekend. He thought that it was done at 38. Amazing that is from the far end of 41.

Also. I would think that if my ski was generating that amount of angle through the back side of the turn I would feel pretty comfortable waiting to load as well. I realize that the two go hand in hand, but if you were balanced over the ski like that, with it already pointed across course... wow.