My first video

bogboy

I finally took a ski video. This is some of it. Holy cow. I thought I was more stacked than that. As you can see, we have a lot of fun up there. Hopefully you can hear the audio. 30 mph, 32 mph, 32 mph. I welcome your thoughts, critique, and ways to improve. Thank you ballers.

• Baller

Stand taller, more weight on your front foot when you get out of the water and through to your turn in for the gates. ARMs STRAIGHT!!

It all starts with your gates:

When you go to turn in, try to initiate the turn in with your hips vs. Your upper body. Its common to drop your head and shoulder to initiate the turn, so really work on i itiating your turns with your hips vs arms/head. Try to feel the rope tight ionn your outside arm all the way through your pullout and maintain that rope tension through the turn in. Finally when you do go to turn in, let the ski come around more before leaning. Be more progressive with your pull through the wakes. You have a tendency to pull hard off the ball/gate turn in. This will help you build speed and get width in the course.

Nice smooth skiing. Hope this helps.

@slvrbulit‌ thank you. I really appreciate that. It's been a long, fun road to learn the course, and I will keep working at it. This is hilltop lake in marysville, wash. I have been a member for a couple years now. Great group of people that are really great at helping the more inexperienced skiers like myself.

• Baller

@bogboy‌ You've really got a good handle on how to use the front of your ski. And while you could stand taller and will refine some movements, your stack and balance on the ski are very good.

Earlier posts have offered great pointers on other details, but mostly I wanted to chime in to predict that you are poised to make quick and sustainable progress because you have lots of good solid fundamentals. Nice skiing.

• Baller
Ted, you have improved A LOT over this past year! Yeah, we can all get into a better stacked position, but you are getting there!! We are all very blessed to be able to ski up there at Hilltop, and @GOODESkier‌ you are right, Gordon is the best!